Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

2 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Fun the Minnesota department of health:

As of July 25, 2020, per the Governor's Executive Order 20-81, people in Minnesota are required to wear a face covering in all indoor businesses and public indoor spaces, unless alone.

Wouldn't that be considered an indoor business?

10. Circumstances where mandatory face coverings may be temporarily removed. Face coverings required under Paragraph 9 of this Executive Order may be temporarily removed under the following circumstances: a. When participating in organized sports in an indoor business or indoor public space while the level of exertion makes it difficult to wear a face covering.

From your article.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

From your article.

Why does the level of exertion make it difficult to wear a mask? I've been seeing videos of people with asthma running marathons with masks on to prove that it doesn't reduce oxygen levels. 

Ok maybe they weren't running marathons but there is a lot of videos out there saying that anybody should be able to wear a mask

7 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Why does the level of exertion make it difficult to wear a mask? I've been seeing videos of people with asthma running marathons with masks on to prove that it doesn't reduce oxygen levels. 

Ok maybe they weren't running marathons but there is a lot of videos out there saying that anybody should be able to wear a mask

because the people making these orders are politicians and aides, not medical professionals 

Because they probably put that in specifically so people didn't have to wear masks while playing sports and get into a giant issue with the NFL.

Like I don't know man, you asked a question you have a clear answer. What are you fishing for here lol

Edited by MookieMonstah
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

The respiratory requirement during steady state long distance running vs anaerobic high intensity exercise/sports are quite different. 

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

The respiratory requirement during steady state long distance running vs anaerobic high intensity exercise/sports are quite different. 

Yes but People repeatedly say that wearing a mask makes no difference in breathing ability

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

Because they probably put that in specifically so people didn't have to wear masks while playing sports and get into a giant issue with the NFL.

Like I don't know man, you asked a question you have a clear answer. What are you fishing for here lol

Idk i just thought it was interesting. 

I get 100% get not wanting to wear a normal face mask but why couldn't they wear a neck gaiter? They ever them in the winter all the time.  I know some of them might not do much good but they could get some with better material 

10 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Yes but People repeatedly say that wearing a mask makes no difference in breathing ability

For non-respiratory compromised individuals doing daily activities does not physically,  psychologically potentially does.

Steady state exercise minimal, probably more psychological. 

Heavy intense exercise may have a bit more physical and psychological. 

11 minutes ago, squire12 said:

For non-respiratory compromised individuals doing daily activities does not physically,  psychologically potentially does.

Steady state exercise minimal, probably more psychological. 

Heavy intense exercise may have a bit more physical and psychological. 

Seems like a lot of unknowns 

I wear a mask when I do HIIT three days a week. Granted I only for it for 20min, not several hours. I notice no difference except there’s more sweat than usual under the mask. 

6 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I wear a mask when I do HIIT three days a week. Granted I only for it for 20min, not several hours. I notice no difference except there’s more sweat than usual under the mask. 

I am redoing my bathroom at the end of the month and walked through three stores for a total of two hours Saturday morning. Had it off for about ten minutes two separate times. You would've thought I came out of a sauna. I sweat more than the average person but man, my mask makes my face so damn gross. I only breathe through my nose also. I hate these things but they're doing good so I'll sacrifice for it. At least I'll be warm in the winter, I dunno.