Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Anybody not want to get vaccinated only because they don't want to get a shot and would rather die or am I the only one? 

Not the only one.

I'm deathly afraid of shots. Obviously in this case I'll be down to get it, but I had to get a few before my wife and I went to Thailand last year and almost passed out. I was pretty set on just rolling the dice and then she said some things and next thing I know, I was getting made run of by the Rite Aid nurse for not being able to look at it. Apparently if you have tattoos, people think you are automatically fine with needles. 

4 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

My company is based out of Tempe and coworkers constantly complain about the number of people moving there from CA. People are leaving in droves from what they tell me and have been for years. AZ and Texas seem to be the destinations of choice. Terrible policies will do that. 

And people come in droves from other states. It all balances out to keep real estate and owing a home high unfortunately.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Anybody not want to get vaccinated only because they don't want to get a shot and would rather die or am I the only one? 

I want to get vaccinated but I need to do more research with regards to individuals who have allergic reactions resulting in anaphylaxis. Haven't really looked into it

Just now, Forge said:

I want to get vaccinated but I need to do more research with regards to individuals who have allergic reactions resulting in anaphylaxis. Haven't really looked into it

I'm also concerned about this.

Not very, but by the time it even becomes available to someone like me I will feel comfortable in making a decision with all the information available to me.

I've had some pretty brutal allergic reactions before in my life. 

12 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Well that's on him. Granted, this is all new for us, I think. A negative test isn't a surefire thing!

Anyways, I hope a hail mary hits California and things start to normalize. I don't have much faith that anything short of a hail mary will come their way though. Those people deserve so much better (really, our whole country does).

I'll leave it at that.

Right now there’s nothing that can be done in CA. Restrictions are in place as much as they can be. This is just the limits of states trying to place restrictions on their own. Eventually people get pandemic fatigue and do whatever they want such as go to large indoor social gatherings without masks on. We’re seeing the results of Thanksgiving. And we’ll see Christmas and New Year’s soon. It doesn’t help that people are spreading misinformation about the deaths and hospitalization.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Right now there’s nothing that can be done in CA. Restrictions are in place as much as they can be. This is just the limits of states trying to place restrictions on their own. Eventually people get pandemic fatigue and do whatever they want such as go to large indoor social gatherings without masks on. We’re seeing the results of Thanksgiving. And we’ll see Christmas and New Year’s soon. It doesn’t help that people are spreading misinformation about the deaths and hospitalization.

Anecdotal, but someone from CA said her sister received invites for 3 different new years eve parties. Fatigue has definitely hit lol

8 minutes ago, Xenos said:

You mean the Governor? Who constantly goes against his own rules any chance he gets? Then offers a fake apology every time he gets caught. Opens up winery's and restaurants for his own personal use... haven’t met a single person who likes him here in Cali, no matter their politics, and the recall efforts are basically 50/50 at this point. Sorry don’t mean to bring up politics, he’s just one of the reasons this state has gone to **** which is the topic we were on. It’s unfortunate but is what it is. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You mean the Governor? Who constantly goes against his own rules any chance he gets? Then offers a fake apology every time he gets caught. Opens up winery's and restaurants for his own personal use... haven’t met a single person who likes him here in Cali, no matter their politics, and the recall efforts are basically 50/50 at this point. Sorry don’t mean to bring up politics, he’s just one of the reasons this state has gone to **** which is the topic we were on. It’s unfortunate but is what it is. 

Blaming the governor for one incident is exactly the problem and a cop out. You’re basically absolving yourself of all responsibility. It doesn’t help that law enforcements from certain parts of CA don’t take the pandemic seriously either. The real reason is pretty clear cut:

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/model-california-now-struggles-tame-covid-19-75003827

Experts say a variety of factors combined to wipe out the past efforts, which for much of the year held the virus to manageable levels. Cramped housing, travel and Thanksgiving gatherings contributed to the spread, along with the public's fatigue amid regulations that closed many schools and businesses and encouraged — or required — an isolated lifestyle.

Edited by Xenos

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The people doing the recall are also part of the problem. I seriously hope they never have to watch a family die from Covid like I did!

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

Anecdotal, but someone from CA said her sister received invites for 3 different new years eve parties. Fatigue has definitely hit lol

They busted many parties in LA. A couple friends of mine who live there who have been extremely pro-mask and taken things very seriously shared photos from parties. 

The NYE spike will be huge. 

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Newsom is a choad. He's actually worse than that but I'll respect some of the rules as this is already borderline lol

He is a choad. But at least he’s a choad that’s smart enough to put restrictions ie. mandatory masks in place against the pandemic. The issue with the surge isn’t on him. It’s on people that are doing the recall because they don’t believe the virus is that serious and want everything to reopen again. And on the reasons I already listed.

Some people have the privilege that if they have a certain letter next to their name, indicating that they are part of a particular group or organization, that they are absolved from any sort of blame or punishment that is directly linked to them.

I don't want to go down that road too much, because what I said mainly applies to those who hold office or power (although it could apply to anybody). We have the individual responsibility of protecting ourselves first, which in turn benefits others.

Edited by SteelKing728