Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

17 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Wan-Bissaka to United appears to be a done deal; he's in Manchester taking his physical today. Deal looks like it is £50m (rumours that £5m of this could be add ons).

I like it. He's a full back that can defend on an island 1v1 vs top opposition. His pace offers a threat in the final 3rd, but he's never going to be a TAA in terms of delivery.

United still need to be very busy in the market to be content with their squad for even a top 4 push next year. Absolutely no noise of players leaving the club which astounds me.

It's a good move for United, imo. Pricey, but I doubt he loses that much value even if he flops. Young, British and in a position of relativey little quality players. Wan-Bissaka proved that he was very defensively solid last season. The main question mark is his ability to be an attacking threat as well. He didnt show much of this last season, partially because of how Palace set their team up. To be a success at United, he needs to have that attacking ability whilst retaining his defensive solidity. I think it's a good move though. United are finally going about rebuilding their squad in the correct way imo. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

When do teams usually do shirt numbers for new players? Intrigued to see what some Madrid guys are going to pick.

I wish we could sucker someone into taking Gareth Bale and Benzema from us. Well, maybe keep Benz for a year but we don't really need him with Jovic.

I feel like it's generally right away but we just need to offload more players this summer. Would love for Jovic to be able to wear #9 but I know that won't happen

Southampton demanding somewhere between 80-100m for Zaha.  Sorry, but that's ridiculous and I really like Zaha as a player.  I get that a percentage (it's 20%, isn't it @lomaxgrUK?) of the sell-on fee goes to United, contractually, but Sou'ton are trying to pass that cost in-whole on to the buyer.  Which in itself isn't unexcusable, but when one of the traditional "big payers" in the market is likely out to begin with (call me crazy, I just don't see United bringing him back), and City are in a convoluted situation between a transfer ban that may or may not be enforced and also being flush with capable wingers, it just seems they're overpricing the market.

On 29/06/2019 at 9:01 PM, The LBC said:

Southampton demanding somewhere between 80-100m for Zaha.  Sorry, but that's ridiculous and I really like Zaha as a player.  I get that a percentage (it's 20%, isn't it @lomaxgrUK?) of the sell-on fee goes to United, contractually, but Sou'ton are trying to pass that cost in-whole on to the buyer.  Which in itself isn't unexcusable, but when one of the traditional "big payers" in the market is likely out to begin with (call me crazy, I just don't see United bringing him back), and City are in a convoluted situation between a transfer ban that may or may not be enforced and also being flush with capable wingers, it just seems they're overpricing the market.

You're correct - I think you mean Crystal Palace though mate :D

The thing is, the Americans behind Palace are supporting the club and they are in no financial need to sell Zaha - especially given that they've just got £45m cash for a right back. 

He's contracted until 2022 and he's a British raised player; we all know that carries a premium. Palace pretty much hold all the cards here.

What will be really, really interesting is how far Zaha himself is ready to take this. He's a South London lad that grew up at Palace. The fans idolise him as you don't get players of his ability come through Palace that often. However ...

Will the club bank on Zaha's goodwill to not get mega upset if they reject Arsenal's bids, or will Zaha throw his toys out the pram if he's not allowed to leave? I don't think I am being judgemental when I say I think the latter is definitely in play, given his character.

Zaha has handed that transfer request in for a reason. He knows Arsenal are interested, and he knows that he wants to go there. How far Palace are willing to take this will be really interesting.

Edited by lomaxgrUK
  • Like 1

Zaha was a fool for signing a new contract without a release clause this past season if he knew he wanted to move in the summer. Or Arsenal were fools for not tapping him up making sure he understood that a move was in the cards if he waited. Probably both are true.

Then you add in Zaha skinning Mustafi 18 billion times in April and pretty much singlehandedly knocking us out of the Champions League and he's basically the single biggest reason why he hasn't been able to get the move he wanted. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

You're correct - I think you mean Crystal Palace though mate :D

The thing is, the Americans behind Palace are supporting the club and they are in no financial need to sell Zaha - especially given that they've just got £45m cash for a right back. 

He's contracted until 2022 and he's a British raised player; we all know that carries a premium. Palace pretty much hold all the cards here.

What will be really, really interesting is how far Zaha himself is ready to take this. He's a South London lad that grew up at Palace. The fans idolise him as you don't get players of his ability come through Palace that often. However ...

Will the club bank on Zaha's goodwill to not get mega upset if they reject Arsenal's bids, or will Zaha throw his toys out the pram if he's not allowed to leave? I don't think I am being judgemental when I say I think the latter is definitely in play, given his character.

Zaha has handed that transfer request in for a reason. He knows Arsenal are interested, and he knows that he wants to go there. How far Palace are willing to take this will be really interesting.

You are correct on my intention.  Guess I'm just so used to it being Sou'ton trying to gouge other domestic clubs when it comes to selling their players that I associate players that aren't even theirs with them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Zaha was a fool for signing a new contract without a release clause this past season if he knew he wanted to move in the summer. Or Arsenal were fools for not tapping him up making sure he understood that a move was in the cards if he waited. Probably both are true.

Then you add in Zaha skinning Mustafi 18 billion times in April and pretty much singlehandedly knocking us out of the Champions League and he's basically the single biggest reason why he hasn't been able to get the move he wanted. 

I mean release clauses are rare in PL. I agree he shouldn’t have signed that contract but maybe he was told that if he signs this then he can leave if a big offer from a big club arrives

12 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

I mean release clauses are rare in PL. I agree he shouldn’t have signed that contract but maybe he was told that if he signs this then he can leave if a big offer from a big club arrives

Then he's a bigger fool if he would ever trust the word of a football club.

24 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Given the reported structure of Arsenal's offer (40m pounds over 5 years), I would hardly call it a big offer

Could be twitter nonsense, but I am sure I read their budget for the Summer is only £60m. If that is true, it's an absolute disgrace. They're a huge club with the most expensive season ticket in world football - £60m is the budget of a mid table premier league team, not a club of the size of Arsenal.

I laugh at AFTV at times, but it's so sad to see an Owner like Kroenke bleed the club dry.

5 hours ago, drd23 said:

Apaparently Leicester City have knocked back a £70m offer from Man Utd for Maguire.  That is one hell of a British player tax

Apparently they want want £90m... That ridiculous to me for Maguire. I just hope they don't cave in and pay. 

11 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

He looked like some player when I saw him last year. He also looks about 3 years old xD

One for the future, for sure. Im happy we are jumping on this type of deal before his price sky rockets. Even if he does absolutely nothing for the next two or three season, we will easily be able to recoup his transfer fee. The risk is almost nothing.