1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

8 minutes ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

My point was that they got aggressive in a way which refuted the point you made.  They steadily built the team while they had Smith.  The obviously stepped up the efforts with Mahomes and you can clearly see that.

Their QB is on a rookie deal, you're comparing apples to oranges. 

Just now, Patriotplayer90 said:

My point was that they got aggressive in a way which refuted the point you made.  They steadily built the team while they had Smith.  The obviously stepped up the efforts with Mahomes and you can clearly see that.

And I just showed you that the Packers have literally been more aggressive than the Chiefs.

Your point wasn't a point.  They weren't aggressive.  If you define replacing a player at the exact same position and taking the best player available (Hardman) at a position you're already strong at (receiver), then your definition of aggressive is not the definition of aggressive of anybody else who ever defined the word aggressive. 

The only move you can call aggressive by the Chiefs over the past 4 years has been trading up for Patrick Mahomes.  The very exact LITERALLY the very exact same thing you're upset about the Packers having just done. 

So where is your point? 

tenor.gif

36 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Don't get me wrong, I agree.

Wolf Sr. was really the guy with the eye for QB's it seems to me.  Favre, Hasselback, had Warner in camp.  Peterson may not have been anything more than a back-up but was a clear contributor in other ways per the reporting.

I agree Ted didn't have the eye necessarily either.  He had Vince Young and some other guy for an entire camp before he figured out they couldn't play.  He cycled a bunch of rejects through as backups, though I wonder if that is because he didn't value the backup position the way Ron Wolf did.

It isn't like Gute was finding a bunch of good back ups for Ted though.

Gute may end up being a genius with QB's.  I don't know that he isn't. As I have said before, I think a lot of the hype on Kizer was just hype, but if it wasn't, then that's not reassuring.

Like I said, I hope that he proves me wrong.

I'm just assigning picks to the guy that is the GM.  The rumor was that we really liked Kizer.  Then Gute gets the GM job, and about half our staff goes to Cleveland who immediately trades Kizer to the Packers (Gute).  

I don't think any of our subsequent talent evaluators have valued the QB position quite like Wolf.  We also had Aaron Brooks, Mark Brunell, Ty Detmer, Majkowski, and I think another guy that started a few games.  That is a lot of investment though.  And though those guys were pretty good, they were not that expensive as far as contract or draft capital.  

Our major investments at QB have been: Favre, Rodgers, Brohm, and Love.  

Every draft pick, FA signing, and trade is to replace a player with another player   It's exactly what GB did, replaced two expensive OLBs with two others.  Apparently that is aggressive, yet trading the picks that KC did for a OLB and signing him to a huge contract isn't.  Makes sense.

KC has been praised and now copied for their efforts to put weapons around Mahomes. And not because they sat on their hands, but because they did so aggressively.  A bit different strategy than being content with low level receiving threats a and thinking they're good enough for any team, let alone a playoff team with a HOF QB.  Which is GB is being mocked and a laughing stock right now

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

Every draft pick, FA signing, and trade is to replace a player with another player   It's exactly what GB did, replaced two expensive OLBs with two others.  Apparently that is aggressive, yet trading the picks that KC did for a OLB and signing him to a huge contract isn't.  Makes sense.

KC has been praised and now copied for their efforts to put weapons around Mahomes. And not because they sat on their hands, but because they did so aggressively.  A bit different strategy than being content with low level receiving threats a and thinking they're good enough for any team, let alone a playoff team with a HOF QB.  Which is GB is being mocked and a laughing stock right now

Oh to be a 13-3 laughing stock. We all feel terrible in here, our feelings are hurt. 

• Like 1

I hate the pick only for all the ridiculous takes.

I hope Jordan Love is better than Mahomes and Rodgers combined... just to see everyone that complained about this pick in a Love jersey.

You’d figure going thru this once would prepare this fan base better. 

Edited by Green19

Just thinking out loud.

If Love reaches Mahomes elite levels of play will he be able to put up a 40-50 TD in our offensive scheme that is predicated on running the ball? or would we need to transition back to a pass happy offence in order for Love to put up Mahomes numbers?

1 minute ago, Chili said:

If Love reaches Mahomes elite levels of play will he be able to put up a 40-50 TD in our offensive scheme that is predicated on running the ball? or would we need to transition back to a pass happy offence in order for Love to put up Mahomes numbers?

The point is not to run the ball because you want to run the ball, or pass the ball because you want to pass the ball.  The point is to be able to do either effectively in order to keep the defense guessing and off balance.

19 minutes ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

Things slow over at the Patriots forum? Oh yeah it’s basically non existent. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29a63e8123596b1b7ed0