Trent Williams traded to 49ers

2 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Horrible trade.  We would have done better trading him in season.  Plus we would have got a 3rd anyways after next season.  Rivera gets robbed for both Dunbar and Williams.  Disappointing.  But I am glad he is gone.

As has been said MANY TIMES, He's a 10 yr guy -reduces the comp to a 5th, at best ! Just glad he's G O N E.  I think we did as good as possible under the circumcision . :P

• Like 1

This whole situation reminds me of a bad divorce: both sides angry, tear each other up, and never happy with the resolution. We get some picks- certainly not equitable value, but we traded  a “one year lease” for a future 3 ( we would have gotten the 5)  and he goes to a place without a new contract and he’s an unrestricted free agent in 21. Both sides don’t like it but happy to be done with the situation, close a bad chapter and move on. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Biggest piece of drama is gone. Glad the money is off the books. Well see if Charles pans out but as of now I’m planning on LT in round 1

Penei Sewell should be our focus if we suck. If we do suck though I hope it’s because of some freak situation and Haskins looks great. 

• Like 1

It was always going to end this way. Unfortunately we didn’t get the best compensation for the player, but we got adequate compensation given the circumstances. 

Happy the team and player are moving on. Hopefully we’ve moved on from all the malcontents in the building and can let this new regime build as they choose.

Sucks that the player will never be looked at the same or his accomplishments and commitment to the team may be tarnished, but it is what it is. 

Can’t fault Rivera & Co. They did everything they can and held firm throughout the process.

Can we just not talk about Trent anymore? He is the last of a chapter we don’t want to be anymore. I think we all should be thankful for the years and effort and awesome moments!! Good luck going forward!!! But let’s lock it and truely see what Kyle and Ron can make out of the talent we do have here

12 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Biggest piece of drama is gone. Glad the money is off the books. Well see if Charles pans out but as of now I’m planning on LT in round 1

Thats where Im at. He frees up money to where there is nobody that cant be grabbed now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Penei Sewell should be our focus if we suck. If we do suck though I hope it’s because of some freak situation and Haskins looks great. 

We’re on the same page again! I'd love to get the best OT in next years draft. Of course, we have Saahdiq Charles let's see what he does, maybe he’ll shock us and win the LT job and play well enough where we want to go in another direction in round 1 next year.

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Thats where Im at. He frees up money to where there is nobody that cant be grabbed now.

The only one of those corners I'm interested in is Logan Ryan but like Kyle Fuller, Logan Ryan is better in the slot.

I'm not sure what else we’ll do in free agency.

My guess is we’re still saving the money for next offseason to add a few pieces that hopefully take us from a 5 or 6 win team to a playoff contender.

If there's a surprise cut though, maybe we sign that guy.