2021 early watching list

paul-mac

21 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Wyatt Davis - OG - tOSU - He was my OG1 if he declared this draft and I feel the same when he declares this season, dominant,massive, mauler with great feet and balance. Plus not only because he plays for tOSU, but his father was Alvin Mack from the movie The Program

Jaylen Twyman - DT - Pitt  - I thought he could have been the 3rd DT off the board if he declared this draft, but he is a fantastic interior pass rusher with another year could solidify his status as a sure fire first round pick IMO

Marvin Wilson - DT - FSU - I went as far as calling him my DT1 if he declared this year, but he is a complete dog inside, plus I gave him extra points for constantly bringing it even though they didn't have a banner season. He is an absolute monster and I think he is every bit as good or even better than Derrick Brown.

Josh Myers - C - tOSU - Don't be surprised if he ends up being the best center in this draft, another easy moving mauler who as pivotal to Dobbin's breakout season

I'm a Pitt fan and its hard not to notice him. Another strong season gets him 1st or 2nd round considerations.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Oh I can agree with that. 

But I think that speaks more to Chryst's recruiting. I think Coan could start at several major programs. It's why I think he'll be successful enough in the NFL- not necessarily a franchise guy, but a quality backup/stop gap.

No truly elite skill set, but his progress against major competition jumped out at me last year. I'd take a shot at anyone I can see the growth from over "untapped potential" 7 days a week if I were in the market for a backup. You have to take those shots for a franchise guy, obviously. But if I'm looking for a coachable, safe, steady hand at backup, I can't think of many more on the horizon right now. 

Good luck this year, I'll be pulling for you guys again. 

Yea I definitely agree that he made some major strides, he just is too average at everything (as you basically stated).

Good luck to you guys as well, I’ll probably head down for a couple games at Autzen again this year.

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Loudermilk has prototype 3-4 5 tech size. If he puts it all together I could see a day 2 pick being used on him. Groshek I really like as a 3rd down back, I'd say he's draftable as a 6/7 round pick. Definitely not a great eligible class for UW. 

I’m still waiting for Loudermilk to break out. I think his size and measurable will intrigue the NFL but he needs to put together some production to match. I think he lacks explosiveness which most NFL teams cover. He could get up there but for me he is 6-UDFA for now.

On 4/28/2020 at 11:12 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

Wyatt Davis - OG - tOSU - He was my OG1 if he declared this draft and I feel the same when he declares this season, dominant,massive, mauler with great feet and balance. Plus not only because he plays for tOSU, but his father was Alvin Mack from the movie The Program

Jaylen Twyman - DT - Pitt  - I thought he could have been the 3rd DT off the board if he declared this draft, but he is a fantastic interior pass rusher with another year could solidify his status as a sure fire first round pick IMO

Marvin Wilson - DT - FSU - I went as far as calling him my DT1 if he declared this year, but he is a complete dog inside, plus I gave him extra points for constantly bringing it even though they didn't have a banner season. He is an absolute monster and I think he is every bit as good or even better than Derrick Brown.

Josh Myers - C - tOSU - Don't be surprised if he ends up being the best center in this draft, another easy moving mauler who as pivotal to Dobbin's breakout season

I had Davis as the same

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Who's your next great pass rusher? Can't wait to see him against Penei.

Zach Harrison, true sophomore next year, but he's got serious juice off the edge.  Only 3.5 sacks as a true freshman, but he was part of a very deep DE group that limited his reps.  Coincidentally enough, Chase Young had 3.5 sacks as a true frosh at OSU too.

The Bucks still have some depth there with Jonathan Cooper (if healthy), Tyreke Smith, Tyler Friday, and Javontae Jean Baptiste, but Harrison is the future top 10 pick.  It's going to be a nice battle with Penei, but i'd give the edge to Penei with the extra year of experience.

2021 recruit Jack Sawyer is the next one after Harrison

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Zach Harrison, true sophomore next year, but he's got serious juice off the edge.  Only 3.5 sacks as a true freshman, but he was part of a very deep DE group that limited his reps.  Coincidentally enough, Chase Young had 3.5 sacks as a true frosh at OSU too.

The Bucks still have some depth there with Jonathan Cooper (if healthy), Tyreke Smith, Tyler Friday, and Javontae Jean Baptiste, but Harrison is the future top 10 pick.  It's going to be a nice battle with Penei, but i'd give the edge to Penei with the extra year of experience.

2021 recruit Jack Sawyer is the next one after Harrison

Don't forget about Kayvon Thibodeaux! Dude was an absolute monster in the second half of last year. If he can bulk up just a bit then he's a guaranteed top 10 pick IMO. As of now he's already an elite pure pass rusher, supposed to be a really smart and hard working kid too so only likely to get better

27 minutes ago, ScoDucks823 said:

Don't forget about Kayvon Thibodeaux! Dude was an absolute monster in the second half of last year. If he can bulk up just a bit then he's a guaranteed top 10 pick IMO. As of now he's already an elite pure pass rusher, supposed to be a really smart and hard working kid too so only likely to get better

I think he was talking about Ohio St. players.

But Penei was ragdolling Auburn’s DL including Derrick Brown

@Oregon Ducks @THE DUKE was spot on with Harrison and company. However, I'd also say that it's very likely he and some of those others move inside/outside the way that Young and the Bosa brothers were utilized depending on down and distance, scheme, etc. Losing 2 1st round CB, Fuller at Safety, and another booted off of the team (thankfully because he was a criminal) penciled in to start, along with a starting MLB in Harrison, and the Back 7 will be very green. Wade is returning, and he's a 1st Round lock at CB/FS (hybrid player), but the defense will be YOUNG.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 7:09 AM, tyler735 said:

D'Eriq King transferred to Miami for this season. He could be one to watch out for. He is so dynamic with the ball in his hands.

no way in the world he will be a QB in the nfl.  he would be a decent slot WR though. that should be the path he should take. 

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 8:17 AM, tyler735 said:

Will certainly be a big season for him to see if he has made some positive strides as a passer. In 2018 I thought he looked like he had some potential to be more than a RB/WR in the NFL. I think he has enough arm talent to be a QB it's more between the ears and consistency at this point for me in regards to his prospects at the next level.

that was because he was playing under briles's offense where you don't need to make reads.  he was terrible under holgorsen's offense.  Miami fans expecting the 2018 version of him in 2020 are in for a rude awakening.

Edited by Texansfan713

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

that was because he was playing under briles's offense where you don't need to make reads.  he was terrible under holgorsen's offense.  Miami fans expecting the 2018 version of him in 2020 are in for a rude awakening.

That may be the case, time will tell I suppose. We will see if he has spent this time off working on his game.