Bears to decline Trub's 5th year option

malagabears

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

If Parkey missed his first FG, no one would be talking about it, right?

Kick was tipped nobody ever mentions that.  And it still traveled 43 yards and almost went in.  It missed by a few inches.  

He made his other kicks.

Parkey as scapegoat for that game to me is wrong.  

Burton not playing at last minute was reason they lost.  

2 hours ago, GBHalas said:

You see I think you're wrong. I think this fanbase would find something wrong with any quarterback we would have chose and choose.  History had proven that. 

Packer fans hate Rogers after considering him a God. People are fickle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Kick was tipped nobody ever mentions that.  And it still traveled 43 yards and almost went in.  It missed by a few inches.  

He made his other kicks.

Nagy and the offense (Tru especially) were horrible. I still blame them more than the douchecanoe who shall not be spelled correctly. 

We should have never even been in a place for a kicker to be relevant. The defense was incredible overall. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

He made his other kicks.

If you have a 43 yard kick tipped with 0 penetration, by a 6’2” 300lbs man...

You kicked it to damn low.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, G08 said:

Theo Epstein, 2011 through 2015: 297-351 record and 1 winning season.

Windy: FIRE HIM!!!

2016 Chicago Cubs, not listening to Windy: World Series Champions.

Why on EARTH, @WindyCity, you fail to acknowledge the pure ****-show that Ryan Pace inherited is beyond me.

I didn't say anything about his early record.

I said that he has had enough time to build a better offense and improve the QB situation. If you do not believe that I think your standards are incredibly low.

4 hours ago, G08 said:

The vitriol for Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy for some fans has become laughable.

Do you think we are the Patriots? The Packers? **** we aren't even the 49ers, guys.

We have young, developing leadership that HAS PROVEN to have formulas that work in this league. Can they be better? Absolutely. You don't just throw a hissy fit and fire everyone because you don't have a Super Bowl yet. Let him continue to build this team, let Nagy settle into his role of being a head coach and see where things can go.

Maybe people have short memories, but I have ZERO desire to go back to the Angelo days, let alone the Emery days.

The Angelo days

4 playoff appearances

2 NFC Title Games

1 Super Bowl Appearance

And the closest thing to a franchise QB I have seen in my lifetime.

Edited by WindyCity

3 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Let’s not fool ourselves guys - the difference between an average GM and a really good one is very small. Pace is an average GM. But, with ONE more hit on the QB pick he’d be resoundingly considered a good one. With the QB pick having been a hit (even a moderate one, with Mitch having been Garoppoloish on the field) instead of a miss and with everything else the past 6 years personnel wise being exactly the same this is a team built to contend right damn now, and for a while. 

If they had not burnt the hell out of my steak it would have been a nice meal.

The problem is that he did miss, badly.

I also disagree that this offense is built to contend. The OL is mediocre, the TE position was the worst in the league and now is a total question mark.

3 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

If you go by the opinions on this board, Belichick is the only good GM in the league. 

Again exaggerations to cover up the failings of Pace. There are a number of better GMs in the league and a number of good ones.

Eric Decosta

Kevin Colbert

Brett Veach

Bill

Chirs Spielman

John Schneider

John Elway

Mickey Loomis

Will McClay [Jerry Jones]

Howie Roseman

Guys who are growing into it

Chris Ballard

Brandon Beane

Jon Robinson

Before you come in with the standard argument that all GMs make mistakes, yes those guys have made mistakes, but they also build consistent winners or have at least found QBs good enough to cover up flaws.

I do not mention Pace's overall record in arguments about him because we knew they were going to be bad for a couple of years. I do not think it is fair to hold years 1 and 2 against him in terms of win loss records.

He has done a great job on defense.

But after 6 years where we sit on offense is not good enough. The talent level and execution of the offense is not good enough for what has been invested into it. We are not sitting in the modern NFL. We are sitting here with a standards Bears team a great defense and an offense that holds them back.

They did not hire Pace to relive the Jerry Angelo years.

53 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

If they had not burnt the hell out of my steak it would have been a nice meal.

The problem is that he did miss, badly.

I also disagree that this offense is built to contend. The OL is mediocre, the TE position was the worst in the league and now is a total question mark.

I’m not disputing that he missed the pick. MY POINT is that the difference between Pace being considered a pretty successful one and not being considered a pretty successful one is no more than getting that one pick wrong. You can absolutely contend with a mediocre OL and an averageish TE situation with a good QB. 

Edited by AZBearsFan
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, G08 said:

Theo Epstein, 2011 through 2015: 297-351 record and 1 winning season.

Windy: FIRE HIM!!!

2016 Chicago Cubs, not listening to Windy: World Series Champions.

Why on EARTH, @WindyCity, you fail to acknowledge the pure ****-show that Ryan Pace inherited is beyond me.

Let's be realistic though - the CBA and rules in baseball make long-term rebuilds far more common. The NFL treats its executives with a much shorter leash than the MLB for a variety of reasons.

Edited by abstract_thought
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Nagy and the offense (Tru especially) were horrible. I still blame them more than the douchecanoe who shall not be spelled correctly. 

We should have never even been in a place for a kicker to be relevant. The defense was incredible overall. 

Don't forget O'Donnell's atrocious punt :)

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 2