2021 Draft Talk

swede700

17 hours ago, babababa said:

The Vikings are the 7th ranked offense right now in total yards according to ESPN. So they move the ball well above average. This is what you were called out on. Don't try to spin this argument somewhere else. 

If this is more of an argument about Cousins that's just your opinion. Cousins is currently 8th in QBR so anyone can objectively say that he's been playing well and has been a good QB despite a rocky start to the season.

All those stats speak to the offense. I wasn't spinning anything.

If you, and others, want to ignore the holistic view of what this offense is; then its whatever. Until we get a true franchise QB, that elevates the play of his teammates, we will me a middle of the road team.

A lot of people are fine with mediocrity. I'm not one of them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TENINCH said:

That a bummer. He's a first round talent imo just playing on a terrible FSU team.

He's had injury issues the last couple of years and according to some, is really only a 2-down DT, so it'll be interesting to see how teams evaluate him.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

He's had injury issues the last couple of years and according to some, is really only a 2-down DT, so it'll be interesting to see how teams evaluate him.   

He is likely like a 2 down player but he can be a wrecking ball in the back field on 1st and 2nd down. His numbers 'sacks/tackles for loss' at FSU were similar to what Javon Kinlaw did at South Carolina.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Anyone else a fan of Twyman? I think had he played this year, he'd be a first round talent.

DT is the glaring weakness on this team, along with LG.

Anyone who watches the film on him can see just how effective he is at shedding blocks on the inside (10 1/2 sacks). Before he opted out this season he was being looked at as a possible 1st rounder. I think the Vikings should get him in the 3rd or trade up to get him in the 2nd. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

He is likely like a 2 down player but he can be a wrecking ball in the back field on 1st and 2nd down. His numbers 'sacks/tackles for loss' at FSU were similar to what Javon Kinlaw did at South Carolina.

Seems redundant to what Pierce is then, no (2-down run-stuffer)? Granted that is probably overstating any potential pass rush Pierce offers.

We need a 3T that can provide an interior pressure.

On 11/30/2020 at 8:29 AM, swede700 said:

Kyle Trask is not a first-round QB...and neither is Mac Jones.  Neither has the arm strength or mobility that teams covet in the first round.  There will likely be 4 QBs that go in the first round, but that's it.  

That is what I thought early this season but both have played just amazing football.  Maybe they are not but my guess is the QB happy league of today, and since they are both playing out of their minds they will be.  Both have very similar stats in the SEC that Joe Burrow had last year through 8 games or so.  Will see if they can keep it up but I think teams would have a hard time passing on that kind of elite production from the QB position.  Sure Mac Jones could return as a JR but he is playing great and so is Trask, no QB is playing better than those two are in college football arguably.  Zach Wilson has a great QBR, Mac Jones has a higher one and has been better against way superior competition.  Trask is out of his mind with TDs also and both are right up there with them all against again better competition than the likes of Zach Wilson or Dillon Gabriel or Shane Buechele.  

On 12/1/2020 at 12:07 PM, babababa said:

Anyone who watches the film on him can see just how effective he is at shedding blocks on the inside (10 1/2 sacks). Before he opted out this season he was being looked at as a possible 1st rounder. I think the Vikings should get him in the 3rd or trade up to get him in the 2nd. 

This is what the Vikings need!

According to the NFL, here is the current draft order. It is determined by record, with strength of schedule as the first tiebreaker. The draft order for playoff teams is determined by the results of postseason play, so the teams currently holding playoff spots are not listed.

1. Jets, 0-11
2. Jaguars, 1-10
3. Bengals, 2-8-1
4. Chargers, 3-8
5. Cowboys, 3-8
6. Eagles, 3-7-1
7. Panthers 4-8
8. Washington Football Team, 4-7
9. Lions, 4-7
10. Falcons, 4-7
11. Dolphins (from Texans), 4-7
12. Broncos, 4-7
13. Vikings, 5-6
14. Patriots, 5-6
15. 49ers, 5-6
16. Bears, 5-6
17. Raiders, 6-5
18. Ravens, 6-5

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/02/updated-2021-nfl-draft-order-cowboys-currently-fifth-eagles-sixth/

Edited by vike daddy

Interesting. Something must be off at the tankathon site if the above is what the NFL is saying the order is. I would like to think the NFL knows their own system but there is a disconnect on one end, likely tankathon.

Bears and Vikings have the same SOS at .500 (per tankathon) and the next tie-breaker is H2H, which for draft purposes, I assume the Bears would win since they lost to us.

For reference tankathon has it as follows (I bolded the differences).

1. Jets, 0-11
2. Jaguars, 1-10
3. Bengals, 2-8-1
4. Cowboys, 3-8
5. Chargers, 3-8

6. Eagles, 3-7-1
7. Panthers 4-8
8. Washington Football Team, 4-7
9. Lions, 4-7
10. Falcons, 4-7
11. Dolphins (from Texans), 4-7
12. Broncos, 4-7
13. Bears, 5-6
14. Vikings, 5-6
15. Patriots, 5-6
16. 49ers, 5-6

17. Raiders, 6-5
18. Ravens, 6-5

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TENINCH said:

It's going to be funny watching the NFC East winner finish with 5-6 wins and picking in the 20s.

It's unreal, division champs or top 10 pick.

4. Dallas Cowboys (3-8):  @ BAL, @ CIN, SF, PHI, @ NYG (SOS .486)

6. Philadelphia Eagles (3-7-1): @ GB, NO, @ ARI, @ DAL, WAS (SOS .526)

8. Washington (4-7): @ PIT, @ SF, SEA, CAR, @ PHI (SOS .466)

19. New York Giants (4-7): @ CIN, @ SEA, ARI, CLE, @ BAL, DAL (SOS .489)

Edited by VikeManDan
Removed blank space at the bottom of the post.
  • Like 1