Warrants issued for DeAndre Baker and Quinton Dunbar

CBears019

5 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Oh...well!  Shoot, if their defense attorneys say that they are innocent, well, then, it must be true. Seattle and NYG have nothing to worry about, since it was all just a misunderstanding...

...the Seahawks and Giants can go ahead and re-insert these two back into their depth charts! 

xDxDxD

I kid, I kid...they probably would not sound so brazenly optimistic if they did not feel strongly that they were innocent.

Edited by Ward4HOF

1 hour ago, Ward4HOF said:

Oh...well!  Shoot, if their defense attorneys say that they are innocent, well, then, it must be true. Seattle and NYG have nothing to worry about, since it was all just a misunderstanding...

...the Seahawks and Giants can go ahead and re-insert these two back into their depth charts! 

xDxDxD

I kid, I kid...they probably would not sound so brazenly optimistic if they did not feel strongly that they were innocent.

Attornies are claiming they have four sworn affidavits from the four witnesses whom the police used to get the warrants. Without some other evidence, no prosecutor is going to touch this case. 

If you ever wanted an example of the importance of keeping your mouth shut with the police, here it is.

In Dunbar's case, regardless of whether or not he is exonerated, he has damaged his personal value. This could ultimately be a good or bad thing for Seattle (if he does end up getting off). 

On the bright side I think, this will lower the cost to retain him on a multi-year deal. 

On the not-so-bright side I think, I don't really want this guy on my team for longer than a season and now he's diminished his value on the open market, which means we take a hit on any expected compensatory selections we might receive (which was a major bonus of acquiring a guy of his skill set for a 5th round pick). 

Either way, this guy is an idiot and has likely cost himself a lot more than $70,000. 

I hate that people with money can make crimes disappear by bribing witness. There is no way all those people magically recanted their stories without some serious motivations.its the same thing with Robert Krafts day spa visit. They have the thing on tape and he is still going to get off(no pun intended) free and clear. He'', one foot all player killed a guy while driving drunk and got 30 days.....

1 hour ago, drew39k said:

I hate that people with money can make crimes disappear by bribing witness. There is no way all those people magically recanted their stories without some serious motivations.its the same thing with Robert Krafts day spa visit. They have the thing on tape and he is still going to get off(no pun intended) free and clear. He'', one foot all player killed a guy while driving drunk and got 30 days.....

I couldn't believe it when Chris Jones of the Chiefs was complaining about being tagged and said he had "Stayed out of trouble".  I'm thinking WTF is so hard about staying out of trouble??  When did THAT become a marketable skill??

Take the check and wave it under the nose of woman who eats vegetables and exercises two hours a day.  Get the prenup signed, get her some Hollywood surgery and show up for work.

Seriously this is NOT difficult.

• Like 2

https://nypost.com/2020/05/19/ny-giants-deandre-baker-has-new-defense-amid-criminal-case/

Baker's lawyer really pushing hard the narrative that he is being framed here. It's possible the witnesses have been paid off, but it is also possible that they recanted their statements because they were lying and trying to get money from him. I don't think we'll find out the truth- it sounds like the case will be dismissed soon.

Maybe this really does act like a wake up call for Baker, like his lawyer is suggesting. Would be nice to get a guy as talented as he is coming back motivated. I imagine, regardless of what happens with the case, he'll get suspended for a few games for this. The new CBA is not kind to players for things like this.

20 hours ago, drew39k said:

I mean also people could be trying to get money from Baker, you never know. That's the issue of these cases with rich people, cause people always have ulterior motives so you don't know if they're being sincere or not. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, blizofoz45 said:

I couldn't believe it when Chris Jones of the Chiefs was complaining about being tagged and said he had "Stayed out of trouble".  I'm thinking WTF is so hard about staying out of trouble??  When did THAT become a marketable skill??

Take the check and wave it under the nose of woman who eats vegetables and exercises two hours a day.  Get the prenup signed, get her some Hollywood surgery and show up for work.

Seriously this is NOT difficult.

lol you have no idea the environments these people grew up in. 

2 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

lol you have no idea the environments these people grew up in. 

This is a slap in the face from the people who grew up in the same environment and still assumed staying out of trouble was a given

• Like 8