CFB Misc News Thread

naptownskinsfan

On 1/20/2023 at 7:45 AM, BetterCallSaul said:

I mean, it's whatever. But why do so many of these kids follow Deion? Colorado is going to win 3-5 games. I don't get it. 

With USC and UCLA leaving the Pac, the conference opens up. Oregona and Utah are the only strong teams, and frankly we don't know how any of it plays out with a large swath of California recruiting now being up in the air. Will Southern California kids who don't get USC or UCLA rather stay PAC or go elsewhere.

If he pulls in recruiting classes they will certainly be competing in a couple years

On 2/2/2023 at 2:24 PM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

This just seems weird to me. ND is his alma mater, has the weapons on offense, and just got Hartman. Now he goes to a much tougher job for the same coaching position. I guess ND doesn't pay well?

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

On 2/2/2023 at 1:24 PM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Pretty lack luster hire for Alabama, Tommy Rees is the best they could get for the OC spot?  That is pretty sad, Notre Dame was not some great offense last year either.  Very odd hire, not sure Greg Roman or Joe Brady would have taken the position if offered but both seem like better hires potentially, that or Dan Mullen or another other flamed out coach trying to resurrect his career.  

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Pretty lack luster hire for Alabama, Tommy Rees is the best they could get for the OC spot?  That is pretty sad, Notre Dame was not some great offense last year either.  Very odd hire, not sure Greg Roman or Joe Brady would have taken the position if offered but both seem like better hires potentially, that or Dan Mullen or another other flamed out coach trying to resurrect his career.  

Yeah, it's strange in that regard also bc ND really wasn't very good on offense last season. Finding this a strange hire in a lot of ways but hey, if Bama is worse off, very few will complain.