Official Training Camp Thread

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Non-contact injuries are never good. Really sucks. Was expecting him to contribute this season.

Still have plenty of WRs, but early on if Deebo misses time it could be a bit ugly. But if Aiyuk is the real deal, then we should be fine. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Non-contact injuries are never good. Really sucks. Was expecting him to contribute this season.

Still have plenty of WRs, but early on if Deebo misses time it could be a bit ugly. But if Aiyuk is the real deal, then we should be fine. 

I think we need to have good ones though. I don't think it's enough to just point at the list of guys and say, "these are all wide receivers". This is almost like the Bears tight end situation at this point if Deebo is out. 

Just now, Forge said:

I think we need to have good ones though. I don't think it's enough to just point at the list of guys and say, "these are all wide receivers". This is almost like the Bears tight end situation at this point if Deebo is out. 

I will say, it's not as bad as Jeremy Kerley being the #1 receiver and Quinton  Patton being our "gem" for the year. 

Honestly, as much as it sucks to lose Hurd and the potential physicality he brought, the team did a great job picking out his backup in Jennings. More importantly, I don't think this really changes anything. Trent Taylor is still on the team, Bourne has proved he can at least be serviceable, Kittle is basically a WR1 playing TE . 

Add in guys with upside like Aiyuk, Reed, Pettis..it's not that hard to imagine a situation where the group as a whole still does pretty well.  Pettis especially really has a chance to establish himself in a serious way. No Deebo, no Hurd, no Goodwin, Pettis has a chance to actually solidify himself as a top 3 WR. 

• Like 1

Just now, John232 said:

I will say, it's not as bad as Jeremy Kerley being the #1 receiver and Quinton  Patton being our "gem" for the year. 

Honestly, as much as it sucks to lose Hurd and the potential physicality he brought, the team did a great job picking out his backup in Jennings. More importantly, I don't think this really changes anything. Trent Taylor is still on the team, Bourne has proved he can at least be serviceable, Kittle is basically a WR1 playing TE . 

Add in guys with upside like Aiyuk, Reed, Pettis..it's not that hard to imagine a situation where the group as a whole still does pretty well.  Pettis especially really has a chance to establish himself in a serious way. No Deebo, no Hurd, no Goodwin, Pettis has a chance to actually solidify himself as a top 3 WR. 

I think it's just more stuff on top of stuff. The receivers were a major question even before this whole mess. If Deebo is out, you're basically going to be at a point similar to last year where you're just hoping you get lucky and someone decides to step up for any given game before we added Manny. I'm not even sure that you can count on Deebo; a jones fracture is a pain in the but that likely ends healing wrong, or re-fracturing. 

No reason to worry about it now, but definitely worth monitoring as it could be a bad situation, obviously. The receivers could totally be an issue. 

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

LOL 

"I watched the film" 

Doubt. 

Harris was atrocious at times last year. He did improve marginally towards the end but his NO performance was so so so bad that I basically don't have high expectations for him moving forward