Official Training Camp Thread

J-ALL-DAY

7 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Looks like we signed a couple of “camp” body’s. Jaron Brown - WR and Johnathan Cyprien - Safety. 

So many people loved Cyprien his draft year. Just never put the rest of his game together outside of hitting people hard. 

Niners have signed Tavon Austin, JJ Nelson, Jaron Brown, Hroniss Grasu, William Sweet, Jonathan Cyprien, Evan Foster, & Spencer Long (retired) in the last week alone

Lynch churning the bottom of the roster. Injures at WR/OL haven't helped either. Not sure if any of these guys will make the roster though. But prime candidates to be signed in case of further injuries down the road. 

Edited by 49ersfan

Don't understand the move to sign Cyprien. Did they just need another body?? Not sure what Cyprien has to offer this defense in any capacity. Only thing I can think of is keeping him around on the PS just in case we get a rash of injuries in the secondary. But the safeties are pretty much set, imo.

12 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Don't understand the move to sign Cyprien. Did they just need another body?? Not sure what Cyprien has to offer this defense in any capacity. Only thing I can think of is keeping him around on the PS just in case we get a rash of injuries in the secondary. But the safeties are pretty much set, imo.

Pretty much. He's just a dude, and this late in the game has no shot at making the roster without injury help. But I wouldn't be surprised if the team is concerned regarding injuries. 

32 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Feels like they are figurimg out what vet they will put on PS with the new rules and pulling up from roster and back to PS.

18 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Looks like we waived Acy to make room for our new signings. I thought he may have been a dark horse to make the squad. 

Have to assume that he was just really bad at this point. He had a rough final season in college as well, but you can never have enough corners, especially during camp (and then into the regular season), so I think it says something that they cut him.