Training camp talk. Rumors, pictures, etc.

Gmen

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:
1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

I've heard some really good things about Dantzler. I think he is going to start for you guys. Would Hughes get the nod in the other spot, or would Gladney?

Hughes and Hill on the outside. Gladney #3

Looks like you guys did a great job moving on from Rhodes and Waynes.

Wish the Eagles could be better at drafting/developing corners like y'all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

always have been envious of how the vikes handled corner. Invested a lot into it in the draft but always seemed like 4 deep. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Well I'm a fan of Avonte Maddox (Pitt fan) but yeah, your team has lacked there.

Darius Slay was a great get though. I'm glad he's out of the division.

• Like 1

There was a general training camp thread on the old board. One poster was talking his team up in TC, saying everyone looked great. Another poster sarcastically said "guess they're winning the Superbowl this year". 

The original poster was talking about the 2009 Saints...who did indeed win the Super Bowl that season. 

Just a random TC memory that pops up in my mind from time to time...i don't even remember who the posters were

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Well I'm a fan of Avonte Maddox (Pitt fan) but yeah, your team has lacked there.

Darius Slay was a great get though. I'm glad he's out of the division.

Yeah, Avonte Maddox has looked sticky as the CB2, but he'll struggle with size on the outside.

Nickell Robey-Coleman has actually looked like the best corner in camp.

But, the only one of the 3 that is homegrown is Maddox.

Sidney Jones has been such a disappointing pick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, Avonte Maddox has looked sticky as the CB2, but he'll struggle with size on the outside.

Nickell Robey-Coleman has actually looked like the best corner in camp.

But, the only one of the 3 that is homegrown is Maddox.

Sidney Jones has been such a disappointing pick.

I feel for you guys loved the pick at the time still don't hate it given how thin that 2017 class was. I mean the hits after jones are there but few and far between.

I always warm up to guys coming off injury that were considered blue chip players like Jones was. I'm not even sure if it's related to the Achilles injury anymore I think he would of busted out going first round with a clean bill of health. 

He just doesn't have a nose for the football which he had at Washington. Idk if it's poor conference or what.

I also loved the Jeffrey Simmons pick the titans made similar.

Willis Mcgahee - which he kinda underperformed for the Bills I believe he had 2 1000 yard seasons in 4 years, also averaged 3.8 yards per carry which is pedestrian

D thomas for the Broncos tore his Achilles end of his rookie year and he came back very quickly and lived up to draft position which shocked me at his size.

Howie has some bad luck drafting Barnett was the consensus pick at 14 he's not really living up to draft status, Dillard is already being bashed locally but Howie was praised for leaping the Texans.

JJ came from Stanford who runs a prostyle offense, is a big wr and had a terrible rookie year.

People complain that they should have picked DK who's a freak of nature but had huge injury questions coming out.

Do you personally think DK would thrive with this training staff? I hear bad things about them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

I feel for you guys loved the pick at the time still don't hate it given how thin that 2017 class was. I mean the hits after jones are there but few and far between.

I always warm up to guys coming off injury that were considered blue chip players like Jones was. I'm not even sure if it's related to the Achilles injury anymore I think he would of busted out going first round with a clean bill of health. 

He just doesn't have a nose for the football which he had at Washington. Idk if it's poor conference or what.

I also loved the Jeffrey Simmons pick the titans made similar.

Willis Mcgahee - which he kinda underperformed for the Bills I believe he had 2 1000 yard seasons in 4 years, also averaged 3.8 yards per carry which is pedestrian

D thomas for the Broncos tore his Achilles end of his rookie year and he came back very quickly and lived up to draft position which shocked me at his size.

Howie has some bad luck drafting Barnett was the consensus pick at 14 he's not really living up to draft status, Dillard is already being bashed locally but Howie was praised for leaping the Texans.

JJ came from Stanford who runs a prostyle offense, is a big wr and had a terrible rookie year.

People complain that they should have picked DK who's a freak of nature but had huge injury questions coming out.

Do you personally think DK would thrive with this training staff? I hear bad things about them.

Chip built their Super Bowl roster.