Washington releases Derrius Guice following arrest.

Trentwannabe

41 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I don't think that's the same thing at all. If I was the employer I would also be more willing to hire Stallworth given what he did , but I guess that's morality debate.

Wait how is killing someone more forgivable than abusing someone? I don't care if it wasn't intentional he KILLED a human being by his reckless actions...

2 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Wait how is killing someone more forgivable than abusing someone? I don't care if it wasn't intentional he KILLED a human being by his reckless actions...

Well then I'm certainly not going to convince you to change your mind with this reply. 

• Like 2

Remember that back and forth during the draft when there were supposed character issues with Guice, and a bunch of writers on twitter swore up and down that it was because he played video games and demonized anyone saying otherwise?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:
2 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

I don't think that's the same thing at all. If I was the employer I would also be more willing to hire Stallworth given what he did , but I guess that's morality debate.

This isn't a competition of who did the least forgivable thing. Stick to football.

• Like 1

Given how the team is dealing with the most recent sexual harassment allegations, they had no choice but to let him go, and any player who does this deserves to go.  I can't defend Peterson and Foster being on the roster right now either.  I never wanted Foster to be claimed to begin with.  

As for Guice, I have a feeling his knees are shot.  He was a workhorse for LSU and then tore his left ACL in the first preseason game for us in 2018.   The left knee was a knee he hurt in college- it was hyperextended, and he never had surgery on it.  He tore his meniscus in his right knee during the first game of 2019, and was out for most of the season.  He returned in Week 11 and was put on IR after Week 14 with an MCL sprain in his left knee.  

Jay Gruden rushed him back to get him ready for Week 1 in 2019 and kept Peterson inactive.  After the lack of contact for over 18 months, I didn't think it was smart.  He goes on to have two knee injuries the rest of the year.  Something's not right as far as his knees go.  

With three separate domestic violence incidents that happened from February 14th to April 17th, and the status of his knees, Guice might not play another down of NFL football.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Given how the team is dealing with the most recent sexual harassment allegations, they had no choice but to let him go, and any player who does this deserves to go.  I can't defend Peterson and Foster being on the roster right now either.  I never wanted Foster to be claimed to begin with.  

As for Guice, I have a feeling his knees are shot.  He was a workhorse for LSU and then tore his left ACL in the first preseason game for us in 2018.   The left knee was a knee he hurt in college- it was hyperextended, and he never had surgery on it.  He tore his meniscus in his right knee during the first game of 2019, and was out for most of the season.  He returned in Week 11 and was put on IR after Week 14 with an MCL sprain in his left knee.  

Jay Gruden rushed him back to get him ready for Week 1 in 2019 and kept Peterson inactive.  After the lack of contact for over 18 months, I didn't think it was smart.  He goes on to have two knee injuries the rest of the year.  Something's not right as far as his knees go.  

With three separate domestic violence incidents that happened from February 14th to April 17th, and the status of his knees, Guice might not play another down of NFL football.  

not to derail the thread but the Reuben foster debacle compares nothing to guice. at absolute best you can say the allegations against foster were questionable. 

7 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

trying to hard bro.

also, not a huge deal football wise, Washington will be fine.

Thanks for bringing this back to football.  This isn't a warning for you, but with some of the posts previous to this, people need to keep this topic to football, which is how this affects Washington moving forward and any team interested in picking up Guice/his future in the league.  

Washington has a loaded RB room as far as bodies, and I already made a couple predictions in the Washington forum that Guice could be the odd man out.  His knee injury history being chief amongst them.  Peterson is the starter and likely ceding carries to Bryce Love as the season goes on.  Peyton Barber who has starting experience is there, and both Jarred McKissic and Antonio Gibson probably get time to run the ball, as well as catching out of the backfield and in the slot.  The only above average position group that we have on offense is the RB room

36 minutes ago, BigD88 said:

Remember that back and forth during the draft when there were supposed character issues with Guice, and a bunch of writers on twitter swore up and down that it was because he played video games and demonized anyone saying otherwise?

He had significant personality red flags. You could just tell that he was the type of guy who would do horribly after an injury. And here we are. 

3 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

The Stallworth incident that would have likely occurred even if he hadn’t been drinking and his lawyers advised him to fight it in court and he would likely beat the charge. Stallworth went out of his way to take responsibility for his actions from the exact moment it occurred. When so many people get scared and run he stayed and called emergency services. He plead guilty to the charges and accepted his sentence. He reached an agreement with the victims family and to this day will tell you how awful it is for them not to have the victim in their lives. It was a catastrophic event but Stallworth really did everything he possibly could do to lessen the impact. 

As for Washington... I don’t think they will be fine but it has zero to do with losing an oft injured RB. I just think it’s going to take more then one year for Rivera to get them moving in the right direction. 

Edited by Boltstrikes
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Kmart128 said:

Guice is denying all charges... not sure ehy he was released so early in process. It would be really messed up if he was innocent. Then Redskins would be looking at a lawsuit.

With that being said it definitely doesnt look good.

Have you seen Washington”a offseason? They want no part in this.