Alcohol Thread!

Glen

A couple of my recent favorites

Bronx Brewery: City Island; Founder: Green Zebra; Platform Brewing: The Ghost Inside; Odd-side Ales: Shadynasty (bought for the IASIP reference and turned out to be pretty good); Dogfish Head: Flesh & Blood, Dragons & Yum-Yum, Super-Eight; Captain Lawrence: Smoothie Dreams; Spring House: Spundae; Collective Arts Brewing: Jam Up The Mash

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sour Sun Saft from Evil Twin Brewing is a weird beer. It's a sour IPA with black currant and mint. I wouldn't really recommend it. I wouldn't say it's bad, it's just so odd it's not that refreshing and you don't really want to drink a full pint of it

• Like 1

On 5/23/2019 at 11:43 AM, Fl0nkerton said:

Asking for a friend because I definitely do not do this and absolutely never would, no seriously who would do this...

Anyone ever had White Claws?

Honestly I'm a fan of the spiked seltzer craze that is going on. Truly's are the best ones though IMO. And I don't know how often you drink, but 10+ just to get you BUZZED.. that's a lot.  Truly's and White Claws have 25% more alcohol than your "typical" beers (Bud Light, Miller Lite, etc).. If it takes 12.5 beers to get you buzzed, more power to you I guess :D

• Like 1

So, I'm finally getting into drinking for the enjoyment of drinking and not just drinking to get drunk.. Not going to lie, I was in that phase for far too long xD

My favorite things to drink are sours and it's not even a little bit close. I went to a brewery in Asheville, NC a couple months ago called Funkatorium that specializes in, and serves almost exclusively, sours and I was in heaven. Unfortunately for me, good sours seem to be scarce, whether that be on tap at a bar or trying to purchase some at a beer shop. I have one local brewery that is always shuffling some sours in and out and some of them are absolutely amazing, so right now that's helping me out..

So here's my question for you guys.. first off, I'm not really used to buying "craft beer".. I generally have bought drinks that are mass produced all over the country for most of my drinking career lol. I don't even know how this works, are there going to be some bottled/canned sours that you guys can recommend that I could likely find at one of the better local beer shops around me? And if so, do you guys have any recommendations? Or, is it more of a local thing and I'm just going to have to find some good drinks by trial and error?

Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

2 minutes ago, braylon said:

So, I'm finally getting into drinking for the enjoyment of drinking and not just drinking to get drunk.. Not going to lie, I was in that phase for far too long xD

My favorite things to drink are sours and it's not even a little bit close. I went to a brewery in Asheville, NC a couple months ago called Funkatorium that specializes in, and serves almost exclusively, sours and I was in heaven. Unfortunately for me, good sours seem to be scarce, whether that be on tap at a bar or trying to purchase some at a beer shop. I have one local brewery that is always shuffling some sours in and out and some of them are absolutely amazing, so right now that's helping me out..

So here's my question for you guys.. first off, I'm not really used to buying "craft beer".. I generally have bought drinks that are mass produced all over the country for most of my drinking career lol. I don't even know how this works, are there going to be some bottled/canned sours that you guys can recommend that I could likely find at one of the better local beer shops around me? And if so, do you guys have any recommendations? Or, is it more of a local thing and I'm just going to have to find some good drinks by trial and error?

Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

Download the app Untappd. My beer store down the street uses it to post what they have in stock, and you search any beer your interested in and see the ratings from people all over the world. 

Honestly, it's probably going to be a lot of trial and error at first. I'm not a fan of the sours so I can't help you there, but I'd recommend trying a little of everything (random sours, stouts, IPA, belgians, etc) and just see what sticks. It would probably also be a good idea and a fun time to hit a beer festival where they have a ton of breweries show up and give you a little taste of some of their stuff. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, braylon said:

Honestly I'm a fan of the spiked seltzer craze that is going on. Truly's are the best ones though IMO. And I don't know how often you drink, but 10+ just to get you BUZZED.. that's a lot.  Truly's and White Claws have 25% more alcohol than your "typical" beers (Bud Light, Miller Lite, etc).. If it takes 12.5 beers to get you buzzed, more power to you I guess :D

giphy.gif

Maybe I embellished a bit, but I usually drink them when I'm outside and it's hot and they're easy to drink. I'm not a huge guy or anything so 10 would probably put me on my *** lol

12 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Download the app Untappd. My beer store down the street uses it to post what they have in stock, and you search any beer your interested in and see the ratings from people all over the world. 

Honestly, it's probably going to be a lot of trial and error at first. I'm not a fan of the sours so I can't help you there, but I'd recommend trying a little of everything (random sours, stouts, IPA, belgians, etc) and just see what sticks. It would probably also be a good idea and a fun time to hit a beer festival where they have a ton of breweries show up and give you a little taste of some of their stuff. 

Appreciate the tip, thank you!