Alcohol Thread!

Glen

Does anyone here participate in beer trading? I'm trying to figure out the best way to get my hands on some beer from the east coast, specifically Trillium, Tree House, Alchemist, and Creature Comforts. 

Edited by swoosh

• 3 weeks later...

So, Bob Dylan started a whiskey company (Heaven's Door), so obviously I needed to try it. I got the Tennessee Bourbon, and it is surprisingly good. It is definitely unique, it seems to have a good bit of rye content, and I thought it had a lot of vanilla and cherry flavor too. Very smooth for 100 proof. Not something I'd use a cocktail base because of the unique flavor, but it is a really good change of pace. 

On 4/2/2019 at 11:37 PM, incognito_man said:

I've been on rye manhattans as my go-to for a couple years now.

Tried a local young rye (Driftless Glen) that surprised me with its cleanness. I tried it to support a local brand and came away thinking it's going to be my "daily" drinker now.

https://driftlessglen.com/

https://www.georgedickel.com/tennessee-whiskies/rye-whisky

this is great in manhattans
also,  i like michters sour mash as well
willet 2 year makes a great manhattan

although i skip the vermouth

On 22/04/2019 at 8:03 PM, Dome said:

Drank some cheap vodka with my grandpa on easter, first time I've ever just sat down and got drunk with him.

good memories, hope to do it a few more times before he goes.

I love just sitting down with a couple bottles of wine with my Grandpa and just...talking, and listening.

I'm always kinda sad i never got the opportunity to do that with any grandparents on the other side of my family on account of one being dead when i was like 5 and that side of my family just generally being prudes about everything anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I'm going to Las Vegas this weekend and have decided my drink of choice the entire trip is going to be Tequila. 

I don't normally drink tequila outside of like a margarita or something, but does anyone have any (serious) recommendations on:
1) Good tequila brands to look for
2) What to mix it with / Cocktail recipes I can easily make in the hotel?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Ok, so I'm going to Las Vegas this weekend and have decided my drink of choice the entire trip is going to be Tequila. 

I don't normally drink tequila outside of like a margarita or something, but does anyone have any (serious) recommendations on:
1) Good tequila brands to look for
2) What to mix it with / Cocktail recipes I can easily make in the hotel?

Thanks!

Espolon is good, and easy to find. 

If you’re used to cheep bar mix margaritas, make a real one

1.5-2oz tequila

1oz lime juice

.5oz orange liqueur

shake

If you can find Lee Spirits Creme de Rose, grab some. I think it’s available in Vegas, but it might need a good liquor store to find it.

2oz tequila

1oz Creme de Rose

.75oz lemon juice

shake

• Like 1