Destiny 2

I really don't understand what Bungie's thought process was on a lot of things for this game, but especially the Prestige Raid. Why the heck would anyone want to play it more than once? I'm just at a loss. Only one person in the group got the aura for beating it. What's the point?

So since this finally came out for PC, I'm finally going to play it. Random question I hope someone can answer. How does the story and co-op work? 

I'm going to probably play with a friend most of the time, but they can't play right now and I want to. So I'm wondering if it is easy (or even possible) for me to join in his story even though I already beat certain parts.

18 hours ago, HighHopes said:

So since this finally came out for PC, I'm finally going to play it. Random question I hope someone can answer. How does the story and co-op work? 

I'm going to probably play with a friend most of the time, but they can't play right now and I want to. So I'm wondering if it is easy (or even possible) for me to join in his story even though I already beat certain parts.

If it works the same way as Destiny 1 (i've not played co-op in D2), then your buddy can just be the party leader and select the missions their self and you should just get sent in with them.

I think the first couple missions might have to be done solo though just because of how you are automatically sent into them after character creation. You can also always just play a second character when they finally start playing and level up that one with them. You will probably eventually want to play at least 2 classes (don't make more than 1 of the same, they've made it so it does nothing for you) and the story won't be worth playing any more than once per character.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

I've barely touched this game in quite some time. Really disappointed in it, there just doesn't seem to be much worth in turning it on. 

I don't have XBL gold, nor do I have friends who play the game, so I can't run strikes or crucible or the raid, but I can do everything else and I find myself in the same position.

The worst part is that doing strikes is almost nothing, once you've done it once it's nothing special again, and the raid is the same deal. So then there's only crucible which isn't that fun, but is ok ( I played during a free gold weekend). The game has no endgame outside of crucible and an extremely repetitive grind.

The current TWAB (This Week At Bungie) has a lot of encouraging news. Basically that a lot of the things people have been clamoring for are being worked on and will be implemented...eventually. Sadly, the earliest for most of the stuff would probably be Spring, probably even later. You would have thought Bungie had learned this lesson during Destiny's life cycle and would have implemented most of this stuff in the base game. But nope.

This Week At Bungo

Here’s a short list of updates we’re working on:

New systems and rewards to give our most engaged players additional, optional pursuits.
Better incentives for players who complete challenging Prestige activities.
Better rewards and replay value for strikes, adventures, and Lost Sectors.
Private matches for the competitive community (we are targeting early 2018).
Crucible tuning like adjusted Supremacy scoring and better spawning rules.
Better incentives for completing Crucible matches (and penalties for quitting competitive games).
Continued improvements to Iron Banner and Faction Rallies, including uniqueness of rewards.
Changes to make the mod economy more interesting and impactful.
Ongoing improvements to Exotics, including adjustments to reduce instances of duplication.
New ways to spend surplus currency and materials (looking at you Legendary Shards).
An emote interface that allows players to equip Salty, Spicy Ramen, Six Shooter, and Flip Out all at the same time.

• 1 month later...

So this game feels way too short, and way too limited for a full price game. I got to the level cap in about 10 hours of gameplay, and finished the campaign only a few hours later. Even the side missions were quick. All the classes and subclasses feel too similar to one another. The multiplayer isn't really all that interesting either.

Curse of Osiris being priced at $20 is laughable, should have been Free based on the content provided.

15 hours ago, Danger said:

So this game feels way too short, and way too limited for a full price game. I got to the level cap in about 10 hours of gameplay, and finished the campaign only a few hours later. Even the side missions were quick. All the classes and subclasses feel too similar to one another. The multiplayer isn't really all that interesting either.

Curse of Osiris being priced at $20 is laughable, should have been Free based on the content provided.

I put 500+ hours into Destiny 1 and played it for 3 years (with breaks in the dead time between DLC releases). I quit Destiny 2 a couple weeks after it came out and haven't returned since. Game just felt lifeless and killed my interest, they removed so much of what I loved in D1. 

I don't own this game, but I heard about a certain controversy regarding Destiny 2.  Apparently, the DLC introduces a new level cap that makes doing certain quest in the actual game now impossible because you cannot reach the level cap required without the DLC.  I was watching a video and this guy started mentioning this.  If that's true, that seems insane.  Even worse to shell out for a $20 DLC right now because the game hasn't really been out that long on PC.

I may be incorrect on this, so if I am just disregard what I'm saying.

12 hours ago, showtime said:

I don't own this game, but I heard about a certain controversy regarding Destiny 2.  Apparently, the DLC introduces a new level cap that makes doing certain quest in the actual game now impossible because you cannot reach the level cap required without the DLC.  I was watching a video and this guy started mentioning this.  If that's true, that seems insane.  Even worse to shell out for a $20 DLC right now because the game hasn't really been out that long on PC.

I may be incorrect on this, so if I am just disregard what I'm saying.

It was true, poor decision by Bungie/Activision. Due to the overwhelming negative responses by the community to just about everything (including a hidden XP governor of sorts [when XP loot boxes are the endgame]), they reverted those requirements for most things. I'm really angry with Bungie and Activision for everything they've done with Destiny 2; they're encroaching on EA level BS. After 3+ years of building Destiny into a fantastic game, they stripped down the sequel to bare bones to slowly resell us stuff we already had that they took away.

3 minutes ago, cp0k2 said:

It was true, poor decision by Bungie/Activision. Due to the overwhelming negative responses by the community to just about everything (including a hidden XP governor of sorts [when XP loot boxes are the endgame]), they reverted those requirements for most things. I'm really angry with Bungie and Activision for everything they've done with Destiny 2; they're encroaching on EA level BS. After 3+ years of building Destiny into a fantastic game, they stripped down the sequel to bare bones to slowly resell us stuff we already had that they took away.

The story was better, but literally everything else is worse. The endgame sucks, crucible sucks, the raid/trials arent the draw they used to be. Its just a huge disappointment. 

Curse of Osiris is about as disappointing as can be considering how well the Destiny 1 DLC really expanded and imrpoved the game. You get a 4 hour campaign, a couple thrown in new weapons, arbitrary new level cap, and a half baked raid add on. I'm really disappointed with it so far. Luckily I got the season pass for free so at least I didn't have to pay for it. 

• Like 1