The Raider Appreciation Thread 📈

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

He can definitely play longer then 5 more years, but the next 5 years would have to be at a high level that matches this past season then as he hits 32/33 start to slow down and become that 800 yard TE and then I can see him become a HOF. 

Look at Kelce 5 straight 1,000 yard seasons. He would need to have that type of production. 

He has a chance to do it and some rewards will help him out as well like making some all pro teams and continue to rack up those pro bowls. 

He's only getting better right now at the nuances of the game. He went superhuman in the 2nd half and showed us truly who he can be.

In the 1st half, he was good but disappointing to me because I think he's an all world player.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Charles Woodson and Tom Flores to the Hall Of Fame!

If I was Tom Flores I would record myself giving a speech now.  Just in case.  This man deserves to have his voice heard.  I look forward to seeing him put on his gold jacket.  As for C. Wood.  Damn right he's a HOF.

• 3 months later...

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-tackle-rankings-2021-nfl-season

Then in 2020, Miller came out a far more polished pass-blocker. He went from ranking dead last among left tackles in pass-blocking grade in 2018 to 24th in 2019 to 11th in 2020. Miller’s run-blocking is still on shaky ground, but that’s something the Raiders can live with. What’s important is that he’s now holding his own in the passing game and keeping Derek Carr worry-free about his blindside.

• Like 2

Waller keeps getting better. I remember being mad we let Cook go and was like “Waller is TE1, really?”. I’d have him third behind Kittle and Kelce and honestly I think Kelce is 2a and Waller 2b. 

Most won’t agree with Kittle as 1 but when healthy he is just an absolute monster. He’s definitely a better blocker than both Kelce and Waller, no question, and he’s right on par with those guys as a receiving TE. Plus Kittle has never had an Above-Average QB. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Waller keeps getting better. I remember being mad we let Cook go and was like “Waller is TE1, really?”. I’d have him third behind Kittle and Kelce and honestly I think Kelce is 2a and Waller 2b. 

Most won’t agree with Kittle as 1 but when healthy he is just an absolute monster. He’s definitely a better blocker than both Kelce and Waller, no question, and he’s right on par with those guys as a receiving TE. Plus Kittle has never had an Above-Average QB. 

I'd go Kiittle, Kelce, Waller in that order too. 

You're absolutely correct about Kittle's QBs. The 49ers play more 3rd string QBs than anyone, and he just keeps producing. 

Kelce is undeniably great, but he's had very good to unreal QB play and supporting casts. 

Waller has good QB play, but is still growing and has had very little to take the spotlight off of him. He could very easily wind up passing up Kelce in my eyes. 

^^ https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-tight-end-rankings-2021-nfl-season

It’s a 1a/1b situation at the top of the position with Kelce and Kittle. Kelce earns the top spot heading into the 2021 season off the back of another dominant showing this past season, paired with an injury-limited campaign for Kittle. 

Waller is 3rd for them.

Waller has crept closer to the Kittle-Kelce tier at the top of the position with his play over the last two seasons for the Raiders. He’s earned PFF receiving grades of at least 85.0 in each of the past two years, falling behind only Kelce in receiving grade during the 2020 season (90.9). 

While some tight ends need to be schemed production, Waller is fully capable of lining up out wide and beating cornerbacks as a receiver. His 2.3 yards per route run when lined up outside in 2020 were more than any other tight end with at least 75 such routes, including Kelce.  

On a side note, i don't think any rookie should be ranked so high (they have Pitts at 4).

Might as well post the rest of their rankings.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-center-rankings-2021-nfl-season

No NFL center has come close to touching Hudson’s level of pass-protecting prowess over the past decade. If you line up the highest pass-blocking grades for all qualifying center seasons since 2015, Hudson owns each of the top five spots for his work from 2015 to 2019. He took a step back in that department last season, but he still ended the year as the league's seventh-highest-graded center. Hudson projects as a significant upgrade over Mason Cole in Arizona.  

The Raiders are showing a lot of faith in James. He's not only the man to beat at center over a proven starter in Nick Martin, but the Raiders also made him a top-20 center by average money per year this offseason without him having any kind of NFL success to point to. James has played 117 offensive snaps over the past two years, with nearly all of those coming in two starts back in 2019. He earned a 1.9 pass-blocking grade during that rookie season. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-guard-rankings-the-32-best-players-entering-the-2021-nfl-season

Still under 30 years old, Jackson has been declining unusually early into his career for a player who once looked like one of the best guards in the game. The last two seasons have been the worst two of his career, as he has surrendered 10 sacks in the last three seasons, but the Seahawks will hope they can bring his best play back to life after trading for him this offseason.

Getting on in years but still an impressive player, Richie Incognito started last season at the same high standard he has maintained for years before injury put him out for the year. The veteran has three consecutive seasons of 80.0-plus PFF pass-blocking grades (albeit separated by his one-year sabbatical) and was on pace for another after one game of action. The question for Incognito is whether age has caught up with him in terms of durability, even if it isn’t slowing his play.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Interesting you have Kittle as #1 but I concur. He does everything so well, you could even put him on D and he'd be good I feel, just has that attitude. Kelce and Waller are of course very, very good as well and I was the same letting Cook go for a total unknown .......... I guess that gamble paid off, hopefully our DT gamble this year will too!

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-quarterback-rankings-all-32-starters-ahead-of-the-2021-nfl-season

Derek Carr finished 2020 with the eighth-best PFF passing grade and more than doubled his big-time throws from the previous season. He also engineered the only meaningful loss the Chiefs experienced during the regular season. Carr and the Raiders finished that game with 265 yards on six explosive (15-plus yard) pass plays.

That being said: Why are there still lingering questions every offseason about Carr and his future with the Raiders? He continues to prove himself as a pure passer from the pocket and also showed the ability to be more aggressive downfield, but the game is changing. There comes a time when a QB must tuck it and run for a first down or make a play in a key situation. Sometimes Carr gets careless with the football in the pocket, and he's prone to sack fumbles. Carr has yet to get the Raiders over the hump, and they are not a contender in the playoff picture.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-running-back-rankings-the-32-best-rbs-entering-the-2021-nfl-season

Over the past two seasons, only Derrick Henry and Nick Chubb have broken more tackles on the ground than Josh Jacobs, who has been the best first-round pick the Raiders have had in a number of years.

For whatever reason, the offense in Arizona just wasn’t playing to Kenyan Drake’s strengths, even when he was healthy. A player who thrives in space was struggling to find any, averaging just 4.0 yards per carry, with 2.5 of it coming after contact. Drake still has game-breaking speed and ability but needs a better blocking situation in front of him.

Edited by oakdb36
  • Like 1

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-edge-defender-rankings-the-32-best-players-entering-the-2021-nfl-season

Ngakoue should give some new life to the pass rush under first-year defensive coordinator Gus Bradley. He has recorded at least 42 pressures in each of his first five NFL seasons, with pass-rushing grades of 74.5 or higher in each of the past four years. Ngakoue just hasn’t quite gotten back to the dominance he flashed in 2017 as a pass-rusher, nor has he graded above 60.0 in any season against the run.

Ferrell hasn’t lived up to the expectations that come with being a top-five pick in the NFL draft, but he was much improved in his second season out of Clemson in 2020. Ferrell improved his overall grade from 62.3 to 76.1 to go along with a 3.5 percentage point jump to his pressure rate in the 11 games he appeared in. He is trending in the opposite direction of fellow 2019 draftee Maxx Crosby, whose overall grade fell nearly eight points from his first to second season last year.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2021 at 4:04 PM, BayRaider said:

I was angry also.  I understand they thought Waller had what it took to be really good but I was angry they took the chance when they easily could have given a contract to Cook also to transition to Waller.  TW, Cook, Moreau, and Waller together would have been great to see in the red zone.  Could have called it the Titan package. Cook would have been our 2nd best receiver.