TABT: Around the NFL

JAF-N72EX

On 12/29/2020 at 8:53 PM, Sugashane said:

BiLl MaKeS bRaDy!!!

Eh. Brady has the strongest offensive supporting cast he’s ever had and Bill doesn’t have a scheme fit with Cam. If Cam had come in and played with the same moxie, they might’ve broken even but the team is in shambles and needs fixes and upgrades. 

44 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Eh. Brady has the strongest offensive supporting cast he’s ever had and Bill doesn’t have a scheme fit with Cam. If Cam had come in and played with the same moxie, they might’ve broken even but the team is in shambles and needs fixes and upgrades. 

Cam sucks

• Like 1

I am pretty surprised that the Charges let Anthony Lynn go...I would be a big fan of hiring Shane Steichen to this staff probably at QB coach instead of Ragone...did an excellent job with Herbert who I thought would be way behind the curve...don't have any faith in Ragone with a new QB.

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I am pretty surprised that the Charges let Anthony Lynn go...I would be a big fan of hiring Shane Steichen to this staff probably at QB coach instead of Ragone...did an excellent job with Herbert who I thought would be way behind the curve...don't have any faith in Ragone with a new QB.

i think it was pretty clear Lynn was gonna get let go at the end of the year. some of his in-game management was some of the worst i've ever seen. i think the team overall was hit really hard by injuries constantly which affected the product on the field, but i believe telasco is gonna go after one of the big offensive minds this offseason, i think Daboll would be great there.

side note - if we do something with pagano this offseason, i wouldn't mind gus bradley coming over. 

There's talk around the league that the Broncos may look to hire Bears Assistant Director of Player Personnel Champ Kelly for their GM role because of his connections to the Broncos and Fangio.  He also has an interview request from the Panthers.

On the bright side if he's hired away as GM for another team then Bears would receive two compensatory 3rd round picks as compensation due to a new league rule so let's hope he gets hired away!

Edited by topwop1

56 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

There's talk around the league that the Broncos may look to hire Bears Assistant Director of Player Personnel Champ Kelly for their GM role because of his connections to the Broncos and Fangio.  He also has an interview request from the Panthers.

On the bright side if he's hired away as GM for another team then Bears would receive two compensatory 3rd round picks as compensation due to a new league rule so let's hope he gets hired away!

wait...what?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

wait...what?

Yes it's part of the new Rooney Rule.

If a team has a minority coach or executive that gets hired as a HC or GM elsewhere then that team will be awarded two compensatory 3rd round picks in back to back years.

Pretty sweet. I just hope the Bears don't fire Champ Kelly as well if they decide to let Pace go this offseason because then I don't think it'd work out.

On another note maybe upper management just promotes Kelly to GM if Pace is let go?

Edited by topwop1

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Yes it's part of the new Rooney Rule.

If a team has a minority coach or executive that gets hired as a HC or GM elsewhere then that team will be awarded two compensatory 3rd round picks in back to back years.

Pretty sweet. I just hope the Bears don't fire Champ Kelly as well if they decide to let Pace go this offseason because then I don't think it'd work out.

On another note maybe upper management just promotes Kelly to GM if Pace is let go?

you got a source for this? i vaguely remember this, but i thought it wasn't confirmed. i also thought the discussion was the team that did the hiring, not losing the guy, that got one (1) comp pick