NFL General Discussion

candyman93

Question, back in 2018, who were the Browns expected to take by national reporters/top draft analysts leading up to the draft? At one point did it change to Mayfield or was it Mayfield all along? Because I recall it being Darnold for a good amount of time? Who was the first person to report Mayfield? 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Question, back in 2018, who were the Browns expected to take by national reporters/top draft analysts leading up to the draft? At one point did it change to Mayfield or was it Mayfield all along? Because I recall it being Darnold for a good amount of time? Who was the first person to report Mayfield? 

@Mind Character

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The F.O. refused to tell Hue Jackson because he was the leak in the building.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/03/rich-eisen-mike-silver-baker-mayfield-hue-jackson-friendship

They told Hue the night before and he leaked it to Silver, confirming what most of us knew all along.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

The F.O. refused to tell Hue Jackson because he was the leak in the building.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/03/rich-eisen-mike-silver-baker-mayfield-hue-jackson-friendship

They told Hue the night before and he leaked it to Silver, confirming what most of us knew all along.

I get that, but I'm talking about just in the national scene. Like all the mock drafts leading up to the draft or what the local beat writers were predicting. At what point did Mayfield start catching on from them? 

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

@NudeTayne

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I get that, but I'm talking about just in the national scene. Like all the mock drafts leading up to the draft or what the local beat writers were predicting. At what point did Mayfield start catching on from them? 

The night before the draft it started catching on, but there was smoke for a while about Baker being a leader of men and the pied piper

This was April 2nd of that year.

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Most of the national guys were saying Darnold.  The next most mocked to us was Josh Allen.  Only a few guys mocked Baker to us, and the only high profile guy was Kiper.  He switched his mock to Baker like 2 days before the draft.