NFL General Discussion

candyman93

• 5 weeks later...
7 hours ago, candyman93 said:

That Carson Wentz trade was terrible.

He’s now going to be out 5-12 weeks.

Tinfoil hat me says he would have been 50/50 for the start of the season or at least they’d have let him rehab it for 2 weeks to wait and see like he wanted, but now that conditional 1st is factoring into the timeline.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Tinfoil hat me says he would have been 50/50 for the start of the season or at least they’d have let him rehab it for 2 weeks to wait and see like he wanted, but now that conditional 1st is factoring into the timeline.

I’m not sure mortgaging the season on giving up a little bit less is the play here though. Considering they made a conscious decision to trade for him. 

We will see how it shakes out, but if he can ever stay healthy, I don’t hate the trade. That’s the obvious question. Considering what the cost of a franchise quarterback is these days, the price was still a lot less then what a premiere quarterback would fetch. 

35 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’m not sure mortgaging the season on giving up a little bit less is the play here though. Considering they made a conscious decision to trade for him. 

We will see how it shakes out, but if he can ever stay healthy, I don’t hate the trade. That’s the obvious question. Considering what the cost of a franchise quarterback is these days, the price was still a lot less then what a premiere quarterback would fetch. 

I think they wanted a stronger option considering how strong their team is. They have a great defense and offense outside outside of qb. They should have gone for a stronger option imo

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Indy and Pittsburgh will miss the playoffs next year.

My surprise pick is Baltimore because Lamar is on borrowed time physically.

That is certainly a nice thought. I think the Ravens and Steelers would at least still be in the playoff hunt if both lost their starting QB for the season. It is possible one doesn't make the playoffs but both are still solid all around teams (or better) and are both darlings of the refs and that counts for a couple wins per year.

The good news is that I think the Browns are in that same category of fighting for a playoff spot even if we lost our QB for the year.

Lets say all QBs stay healthy, there is a chance all three make the playoffs again.