2020 Baker thread

Kiwibrown

This Colts game was the most Baker game ever. Really good, amazing throws and then a handful of garbage tosses in triple coverage. People have been saying this is the make or break year for Baker, but the more I see the less sure I am of how to evaluate him. Next year in a regular offseason with another year under Stefanskski, it’ll be easier.  But for now, we’re 4-1!!!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

This Colts game was the most Baker game ever. Really good, amazing throws and then a handful of garbage tosses in triple coverage. People have been saying this is the make or break year for Baker, but the more I see the less sure I am of how to evaluate him. Next year in a regular offseason with another year under Stefanskski, it’ll be easier.  But for now, we’re 4-1!!!!!

We’re gonna be in a worse situation than Dallas and Chicago.

Dallas KNOWS they have to pay Dak.

Chicago KNOWS they need to let Trubisky go.

We know nothing.

Just now, bruceb said:

He is not The One.

Not every team is going to have a Rodgers or Mahomes at the helm. You’ve got to do what you can with the talent available. Best case scenario, Baker is probably in that class of guys with Matt Ryan, Phillip Rivers, and Matt Stafford, but you can make playoff runs with those guys. I’m fine with building around Baker, but you’ve got to be realistic about his strengths and weaknesses. 

He is still making a questionable decision here and there and is having some bad overthrows but as a whole, his play is much better than last season. 

I don’t know if it was him, Freddie, or both, but every drop back last season looked like a disaster. He would drop back, shuffle his feet, pump 3 times, scramble right, and throw it on the run or out of bounds, etc. Things are much cleaner this season, and Stefanski is obviously playing to his strengths. Obviously I am aware he had a couple bad interceptions today, but he still looks better back there.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

We’re gonna be in a worse situation than Dallas and Chicago.

Dallas KNOWS they have to pay Dak.

Chicago KNOWS they need to let Trubisky go.

We know nothing.

We still have 1-2 more years to Figure it out 

21 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

It was a tale of 2 halves.

His 1st half was the best football I’ve ever seen him play. His 2nd half was bench worthy.

I think as a whole the offense was down in the 2nd half. Lot of miscues on execution. Also didn’t help that Colts DL decided to show up the