What movie are you watching?

Forge

2 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

The 'Discombobulated' theme just lives in your head for a week after watching this.  One of Hans Zimmer's best scores.

Yes, sir. The score was just perfection.

Tho, I'm kinda of mad about the Marvel movies taking off because it robbed us of a Sherlock Holmes 3. I know one is supposedly happening in 2021 but that's still a decade after Game of Shadows.

Rented Trolls: World Tour for my youngest's birthday on Saturday.  It thankfully pulled together somewhat in the second half of the movie, but holy hell was this a disaster halfway through.  Even in the second half it wasn't that great, but it at least started making sense and had something of a message that resembled a plot.  Not nearly as charming as the first movie and much quicker to go for the cheap laugh (yes, even by a Trolls movie standard).  I'm happy my boy liked it as it was a treat for his birthday, but I think I'm even happier that he didn't seem to love it and hasn't really talked about wanting to see it again.

D+

I watched Onward on Friday night, it was really enjoyable. Not probably the best Pixar film, but still very good and I think one of the easier ones to watch again though as it does have a heavier ending, but tells a story that is just more rewatchable for some reason.

2 hours ago, The Gnat said:

I watched Onward on Friday night, it was really enjoyable. Not probably the best Pixar film, but still very good and I think one of the easier ones to watch again though as it does have a heavier ending, but tells a story that is just more rewatchable for some reason.

We watched it over the weekend too.  Also enjoyed it.  I agree, the ending is very heavy.  I'm not sure the gaming theme really resonated too much with my kids, so i'm not sure it'll get rewatched a whole lot.  But good movie, for sure.

Watching Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark.

So far it seems like it’s gonna be a really great gateway horror that if I’d seen when I was younger I would have absolutely loved.  For 13 dollars at Walmart I think it will have been worth the gamble.

I've been waiting for literally forever for Underwater to come out on blu ray.  I kept searching for a release date without finding one, and then I went to Walmart for my three weeks of groceries and saw it there yesterday. 

I bought it, redeemed the digital copy on my Movies Anywhere account, looked forward to watching it all day and then it didn't appear in my Movies Anywhere account and I was really pissed off.  Then I did some digging and apparently it wasn't supposed to release until today, so it wouldn't let me access the digital copy until today. 

So that sucked.  I feel like that was the most stressful thing that anyone has gone through since at least the beginning of March.

I had to watch Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark instead.  It was a decent gateway horror about the quality of the first Goosebumps movie.  The type you'd like a lot more as a kid, but you can appreciate as an adult.  I'd give it a 6/10, with the caveat that I would have liked it a lot more if I was about 18 years younger. 

• Like 1