What movie are you watching?

Forge

9 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

It sure is. You’d give the edge to Groundhog Day if you’re basing it off a one time watch. No question, hands down. But you can watch Groundhog Day twice a decade. You can watch Edge of Tomorrow once a year.

I can’t even count the number of times I watched Groundhog Day when it came on TV back in the day. 

• Like 2

On 8/9/2022 at 9:25 PM, Ty21 said:

Watched The Nice Guys tonight. 9.3/10. The Abbott and Costello nods were great to me. Overall I thought it was excellent and totally should’ve become it’s own little franchise. Gosling and Crowe both killed it. It felt like there wasn’t any wasted screen time, every action showed had a reason and led into the next point of the plot. I’d love to see a Nice Guys 2 and stuff.

Gosling's scream when he finds the dead body is still one of the most hilarious moments in a movie in a minute. 

On 8/6/2022 at 10:24 PM, Outpost31 said:

7/10, might watch again someday

I'm at 8/10, I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

I now need a Predator movie set in Feudal Japan. A team of Predators vs three hardened samurai. Give me Ken Watanabe, Hiroyuki Sanda and Andrew Koji...

• Like 2

Anyone see Nightmare Alley?

That is one of the worst movies I have seen in awhile!  The set and background is absolutely awful, almost all digital and fake it seemed and makes the entire film suck honestly.  All the lighting is bad because the background is fake or that is my guess, helps hide things.   Super dark which most movies are because they do not want to spend money on a set or on location, the story sucked and was not interested in it at basically any point in time, could not even make it through the movie.  

What it was because it was made during COVID or coming out of it so they did not put any effort into the background and just made it all digital with actors behind green screens....yet one can tell by the acting, that they as the actors did not even believe where they were or what they were saying.  

I usually like Rooney Mara, Bradley Cooper, Willem Dafoe, Cate Blanchett etc but all were not good in this and no matter who was the actor that story sucked so bad and the visuals were so bad it was just terrible.  And I see that got a 7.0 on imdb, no clue how anyone thought that!  Out of five stars I would give it 1.  Mary Steenburgen and Toni Collette I hate and they were both in it, but both always play some beotch character anyway that is not real key or is supposed to be disliked.  

Guillermo del Toro was the producer and director and usually I like his films, what a mess this was and it still was nominated for four Oscars?  What a joke, and best cinematography for this crap pile?  What a joke.  

Seems like Hollywood has kind of quit trying or ran out of ideas or something, or have got overtaken by all the streaming stuff and very long series people are addicted to and watch instead.  

Day Shift was ok.  It's like combining John Carpenter's Vampires with True Lies.  It's fun for what it is, but that's it.  The Villain was weak.  She talked tough at the end, but wasn't much of a threat.  Is it me, or was Dave Franco's comic relief feel like it was from a different movie?  Some parts felt like it was.  The action scene with Foxx and the two brothers in the house was the best one in the movie, I wish those guys were in the movie more.  It's a fine leave your brain at the door movie.  6/10  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Anyone see Nightmare Alley?

That is one of the worst movies I have seen in awhile!  The set and background is absolutely awful, almost all digital and fake it seemed and makes the entire film suck honestly.  All the lighting is bad because the background is fake or that is my guess, helps hide things.   Super dark which most movies are because they do not want to spend money on a set or on location, the story sucked and was not interested in it at basically any point in time, could not even make it through the movie.  

I didn't think it was THAT bad... it's just a slow burn type movie. I guess it just didn't hook you, but I thought the ending made up for how long it was. I think that IMDB is about right. 

The Hunt for Red October is the best submarine movie ever made and if you disagree I’m sorry you’re an idiot.

Disclaimer: Das Boot is obviously better, but my rankings give a full 1/10 point to rewatchability, and you’re not watching Das Boot more than 4 times in a lifetime.

Anyway, back to the movie.

Has two of the most underrated actors. Scott Glenn, Sam Neil. Both extremely underrated actors.

Scott Glenn to a lesser degree obviously, but dude’s still pretty underrated. 

Edited by Outpost31

Whoever talked about the new Beavis and Butt-Head movie...

I love you

Watched it yesterday and watching it again with like 7 beers in me and I'm dying. My wife is going to be so mad when she walks in from work in a few. 

• Like 6

Just watched World War Z for the first time in a long time. Honestly, not terrible now that I don’t have zombie fatigue and don’t remember/care enough about the book to hate on it anymore. There were a couple parts I respected: finding a way to get his dumb kids out of the movie because the longer they were a part of the survival, the less believable their survival became. Also when he gets to the final lab at the end and takes out a zombie, he doubles over from his injury from the plane crash. A lot of big budget movies seem to forget significant injuries after they move a bit past that plot part but this movie didn’t. I had a few others I was going to write too but they’re lost now. Now the biggest fallacy of the movie might be the random assortment of lethal diseases and he injects himself with one of the only safe ones despite having no idea what he was picking. I know it’s for the suspense of the movie, but he had paper to write with and he knew the intercom/phone was there so he could’ve developed a system where he wrote the med on the paper and showed the camera and the scientists call the phone and let it ring once for no or indefinitely for yes. Also, for the entire movie I was unsure of what Pitt’s role even was, I just assumed professional pragmatist, but I guess UN Investigator makes more sense. 
P.S. the movie has more comedic value if the whole world injects itself with HIV instead of something stupid like smallpox or SARS.