Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

25 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Philly?

Clearly meant the NFCE...

Nah I thought it was Eagles, lol. N’Keal, IMO, is closer to a cut candidate than he is a trade-able asset. Slotted in as the 5th WR (Agholor, Bourne, Meyers, Edelman) and doesn’t do anything on special teams (Slater, Gunner). If it’s anything other than like a future-conditional day 3 pick...

The 49ers are up to something at quarterback. They had extensive talks with Flacco, who hit it off with Kyle Shanahan during a visit last week before ultimately choosing Philly.

They pushed for Dalton and also spoke with Trubisky's reps.

Rumors persist that Jacksonville quarterback Gardner Minshew II could be in their plans via trade.

Let's assume, for now, San Francisco is angling for quality depth behind Jimmy Garoppolo.

Several execs peg San Francisco as comfortable with Garoppolo as the starter but also looking for upgrades, of which there aren't many.

Watson would be one, of course. But he's hardly a slam dunk to be dealt.

So, for now, San Francisco can focus on adding to the quarterback room and adjust from there.

Jeremy Fowler

1 minute ago, JiffyJag said:

pls

I can't figure out why the jags would do it, but if they want to move off him, the niners make a ton of sense. I'd expect like a 4th to go back? 

Would be the clearest sign yet that Jimmy is the guy moving forward for the niners. 

3 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Jags should keep minshew as a back up to Lawrence since he is so cheap.

I expect after everything that went down in 2020, Minshew might want to go elsewhere. But I obviously can't speak for him.

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Were there any rumors of Mason Cole getting traded prior to it happening.

OC was mentioned as the spot on the oline where there would be a battle, before the hudson trade. I actually was surprised the raiders didnt include him in the trade

• Like 1

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2021/03/25/patriots-still-sniffing-around-jimmy-garoppolo-trade-not-committed-to-cam-newton/

“Just recently I was talking to somebody in the league who I really trust,” Russini said on “Get Up” on Thursday. “He’s got good information. He said, ‘Do not take the Jimmy Garoppolo trade off the table.’ That is something New England is still sniffing out.”

Russini added: “Bill [Belichick] doesn’t like to put his cards out on the table, so most [people] think, ‘Oh well if we all know about that, that probably won’t happen.’ But there is definitely a tone in the league that it could still go down.”

Pats apparently still want Jimmy G