Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's really the best thing for everyone involved if he stays with the niners through this year 

Think there are a lot of pieces to fall before any speculation is worth much. Who gets a QB in the draft? And who goes where? Is SF getting a guy like Mac (unlikely), who they can probably start a bit earlier than someone like Lance? Does that rookie thoroughly outplay Jimmy, to give the FO faith in starting him sooner than later (think Wentz/Bradford)? Does Denver/Carolina/NE take a Mond or Trask in the second? If Jimmy starts the season, does he keep up his level of play? Does he stay healthy? Does Cam/Lock/Teddy stay healthy? What about Chicago? 

Lots to consider. I was really warming up to NE grabbing a QB in April, so thanks for making that harder, SF. We will take Jimmy off your hands for atonement.

35 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I wouldn't rule out Miami not moving down a few spots from 6.

Lawrence

Wilson

Fields/ Lance

Let's say Atlanta takes Pitts.

Cindy takes Sewell

Miami can take Chase. Or if Carolina or Denver wants the remaining of Fields/Lance, a small move down might work.

Really depends on if Miami wants 1 of Pitts/Chase or are they ok with Smith / Waddle?

I think they would take Pitts/Chase after the move back up to 6, but strange things happen come draft day

Oh no for sure its possible Miami would trade out of #6 I just think it would take a really good deal/over pay because I would think they are almost certain 1-2 of the guys they want for sure will be there at #6

I personally would love to see the Panthers be able to get up to #6 and get one of the big four QBs assuming the Falcons don't go QB of course

Edited by TakeTheBallDeep

43 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I wouldn't rule out Miami not moving down a few spots from 6.

I feel fairly confident they're picking at 6.   They wouldn't have made that pre-draft deal if there wasn't someone they were specifically targeting.

• Like 1

Just now, CWood21 said:

I feel fairly confident they're picking at 6.   They wouldn't have made that pre-draft deal if there wasn't someone they were specifically targeting.

Same. I think that it was very intentional. 6 was the spot where they felt that they were going to have access to a guy that they had rated higher. 

That's also why those trades happened back to back like that. It's very clear that this was all done in conjunction (side note - why wasn't this just submitted to the league as a 3 team trade?)

39 minutes ago, Forge said:

Same. I think that it was very intentional. 6 was the spot where they felt that they were going to have access to a guy that they had rated higher. 

That's also why those trades happened back to back like that. It's very clear that this was all done in conjunction (side note - why wasn't this just submitted to the league as a 3 team trade?)

There's no doubt in my mind they're taking a receiver of some kind at 6 whether it be Kyle Pitts, JaMarr Chase, or Devonta Smith.  At 12, they're probably not going to be able to draft any of them.  At 6, they're guaranteed at least one of them to be on the board assuming the top 3 picks end up being QBs like we anticipate.  If I had to put odds, I'd say it's Kyle Pitts (50%), JaMarr Chase (45%), and DeVonta Smith/field (5%).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I agree, and said that in that post, but if things get whacky on draft day

If 1-5 are

4 QB and Sewell and Carolina wants the 5th QB

Moving from 6 to 8 Miami still gets Pitts or Chase.

24 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I agree, and said that in that post, but if things get whacky on draft day

If 1-5 are

4 QB and Sewell and Carolina wants the 5th QB

Moving from 6 to 8 Miami still gets Pitts or Chase.

Miami would probably be able to net another 2022 first and maybe a third this year if carolina wants to move up for a qb. If Pitts, chase and Smith are all on the board they have to make the drop down.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Miami would probably be able to net another 2022 first and maybe a third this year if carolina wants to move up for a qb. If Pitts, chase and Smith are all on the board they have to make the drop down.

That is what I was thinking if a scenario Iike that played out.  

Less likely to happen, but not out of the realm of possible.  

Maybe Denver deals with Atlanta for a QB like Jones.  Cincinnati takes Sewell

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Pretty much what I've anticipated this entire time.  Either you're going to drastically overpay for him, or San Francisco is content rolling into the season with an Alex Smith/Patrick Mahomes situation.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Pretty much what I've anticipated this entire time.  Either you're going to drastically overpay for him, or San Francisco is content rolling into the season with an Alex Smith/Patrick Mahomes situation.

Yep, and it's completely the right process. The downside is that they potentially lose a 3rd / 4th round pick if they decide to hold on to him. Dont' think that's such a big deal, and the upside is more enticing. You have the very, very small chance of a Teddy B / Bradford situation, and you have the chance that he starts, plays very well and increases his value next season. 

Worst case scenario is that the rookie just flat out beats him for the job and you cut him because there's no reason to hold on to a 25 million dollar back up and you lose whatever nominal trade value he has at this very moment. 

19 hours ago, CWood21 said:

They're definitely not gonna keep JG at his current cap number, though. That would be malpractice. 

I still think he ends up being released on June 1.