Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not a situation I want to be in, tbh. Dallas is one of the reasons I want to avoid that 5th seed. You just know that they are going to finish like 8-8 and then win a playoff game. 

On paper definitely a tough match up. Strong run game, good enough QB and some talent up front. Though the defense has been inconsistent at times during the season. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

On paper definitely a tough match up. Strong run game, good enough QB and some talent up front. Though the defense has been inconsistent at times during the season. 

Yeah, and they have a weird tendency to leave points on the board. Still, I'd much rather fact the Eagles. Honestly, I may much rather face the Packers. Not sure. 

All good and I can't imagine any Packer fan being interested in a rematch after that December blowout
Good luck the rest of the way

Local paper has an article up today on the "San Diego 49ers", noting all of the guys who grew up/played in SoCal and work for SF - including GM John Lynch

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/nfl/story/2019-12-17/nfl-super-bowl-san-diego-niners-john-lynch-kyle-shanahan-patriots-miami

Rating in Domes:

• Brees 104.9
  • Brady 109

Rating Outdoors:

• Brees 91.4
  • Brady 96.4

Rating in Retractable Roof Stadiums:

• Brees 89.9
  • Brady 98.4

Brady is the better statistical QB in every environment but Brees gets much more time in the easiest environment, (135 dome games vs 14 dome games)

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Rating in Domes:

• Brees 104.9
  • Brady 109

Rating Outdoors:

• Brees 91.4
  • Brady 96.4

Rating in Retractable Roof Stadiums:

• Brees 89.9
  • Brady 98.4

Brady is the better statistical QB in every environment but Brees gets much more time in the easiest environment, (135 dome games vs 14 dome games)

I guess my biggest take away is it's very impressive that Brees has maintained a 105 QB rating in 135 dome games.