The Vikings could end up with the #1 pick

Uncle Buck

I never thought it would be possible, but looking at their schedule and the way they have been playing makes me think this team may actually be bad enough to go winless or close to it this season.  They have been bad on both sides of the ball.  Here is what we have to look forward to on our schedule the rest of the way: 

Week 1:  Green Bay Packers  -  Lost
Week 2:  Indianapolis Colts  -  Lost

Week 3:  Tennessee Titans
Week 4:  @ Houston Texans
Week 5:  @ Seattle Seahawks   (Sunday Night)
Week 6:  Atlanta Falcons
Week 7:  Bye
Week 8:  @ Green Bay Packers
Week 9:  Detroit Lions
Week 10:  @ Chicago Bears
Week 11:  Dallas Cowboys
Week 12:  Carolina Panthers
Week 13:  Jacksonville Jaguars
Week 14:  @ Tampa Bay Bucaneers
Week 15:  Chicago Bears
Week 16:  @ New Orleans Saints
Week 17:  @ Detroit Lions

The only games I would give us a shot at winning would be either of the Lions games or possibly Carolina or Jacksonville.  The rest of them should be losses - at least the way they looked in Weeks 1 & 2.  I know it is early, and teams do get better as the season goes on, but it's not looking good, unless we want to get Trevor Lawrence, which I wouldn't mind at all. 

DEN - plays @NYJ Week 4 TNF, plays vs. MIA Week 7, plays @CAR week 13.    Won't have Lock for first 2 games there.

NYJ - does it matter who they play right now?  But FTR, they do play MIA back to back around the bye, and host DEN TNF week 4.

CAR - plays vs. DET week 11, @MIN week 12, vs. DEN week 13

Now, DEN doesn't belong on this list if Lock returns, but that's not a given at all.   These would seem to be the top 4 teams - but yes, MIN is for sure in the discussion.  The only major change that could improve MIN is Danielle Hunter's return from IR after Week 3.   

19 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

DEN - plays @NYJ Week 4 TNF, plays vs. MIA Week 7, plays @CAR week 13.    Won't have Lock for first 2 games there.

NYJ - does it matter who they play right now?  But FTR, they do play MIA back to back around the bye, and host DEN TNF week 4.

CAR - plays vs. DET week 11, @MIN week 12, vs. DEN week 13

Now, DEN doesn't belong on this list if Lock returns, but that's not a given at all.   These would seem to be the top 4 teams - but yes, MIN is for sure in the discussion.  The only major change that could improve MIN is Danielle Hunter's return from IR after Week 3.   

He should be back sometime.  I'm just not sure how serious his injury is.  It's something related to his neck.

I'd be really surprised if Minnesota gets a top five pick, let alone #1.

Titans and Texans should be the favorites, but it's not like either of them have looked great this season.

Atlanta isn't any good. I'd pick the Vikings to win that game at this point in time.

I'd imagine the Vikings will take at least one of the Lions games. It's hard to say what the Bears are at this point, because they've faced two lousy teams in Detroit and NYG.

Carolina and Jacksonville are both very winnable games.

What's with Cousin's though? His stat line from yesterday is really ugly.

3 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Do the jets and giants trade out of the 1st pick or go for Lawrence?

Jets definitely would take Lawrence unless Sam plays lights out the rest of the way... but if that's the case, NYJ probably won't end up with the first pick.

I'd take Lawrence if I were the Giants, but they may give Daniel Jones another year.

3 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Do the jets and giants trade out of the 1st pick or go for Lawrence?

I'd think it would be really difficult for most teams to pass up on Lawrence. If the Giants or Jets end up with 1st overall, it would likely mean Jones or Darnold failed to show much progress. We've seen teams give up on Quarterbacks sooner and Lawrence is likely a generational talent.

It depends, but I could definitely envision them keeping Lawrence. Trading it for a king's bounty is probably more likely, however.

4 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I'd be really surprised if Minnesota gets a top five pick, let alone #1.

Titans and Texans should be the favorites, but it's not like either of them have looked great this season.

Atlanta isn't any good. I'd pick the Vikings to win that game at this point in time.

I'd imagine the Vikings will take at least one of the Lions games. It's hard to say what the Bears are at this point, because they've faced two lousy teams in Detroit and NYG.

Carolina and Jacksonville are both very winnable games.

What's with Cousin's though? His stat line from yesterday is really ugly.

I'm not really sure.  The whole offense is just not playing well.  The one bright spot was rookie WR Justin "George" Jefferson.  He caught all three of the passes Cousins threw at him, although it was only for a total of 44 yards.