Trade Targets?

pacman5252

20 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

lol man, I just can't take your seriously. I took the time to go back and read the history of your posts, your negative comments about the Packers far outweigh anything positive you have to say about the team. In fact, all year you've been pretty quiet all together (Not surprising we were doing well). However, one collapse and here you are lighting up the forums about how trash Pettine is. Just, stop. Honestly, the likeliness of us losing this game due to lack of quality ILB play is about as far fetched as you having a friend who worked on the bills coaching staff. 

Lol. Dont deviate. I Dont have to prove my fanism here. Did I say Pettine is Trash?. 
I am just saying Gutey didn’t provided what he needs. 

Do you think over the years we have addressed ILB position at all?. Last year we have signed Smith brothers in FA and also have Fackrell who was a serviceable backup. Why did we drafted another OLB with holes on DL and ILB?. Or should have used the money spent on P Smith To beef up DL or ILB. Now you are dropping him into coverage. 

And this year we have signed R Wagner to trash him on bench and injury riddled K Kirksey at ILB. I strongly believe we are not spending money wisely. 

And coming to your point on me coming to this forum, yes i am genuinely frustrated. I can’t sleep. And i vent on this forum. You have any problem with that?.

On 10/20/2020 at 9:31 PM, Jaire_Island said:

Lol. Dont deviate. I Dont have to prove my fanism here. Did I say Pettine is Trash?. 
I am just saying Gutey didn’t provided what he needs. 

Do you think over the years we have addressed ILB position at all?. Last year we have signed Smith brothers in FA and also have Fackrell who was a serviceable backup. Why did we drafted another OLB with holes on DL and ILB?. Or should have used the money spent on P Smith To beef up DL or ILB. Now you are dropping him into coverage. 

And this year we have signed R Wagner to trash him on bench and injury riddled K Kirksey at ILB. I strongly believe we are not spending money wisely. 

And coming to your point on me coming to this forum, yes i am genuinely frustrated. I can’t sleep. And i vent on this forum. You have any problem with that?.

Deviate? There's not deviating going on here. The fact is, it wasn't our ILB's that cost us that game, there are many other things to take away and that was the ONE thing you decided to gripe on the most? It's also a fact that you've been relatively quiet during the teams success all season but our first dropped game and you're in here blowing these forums up. Be less of a fair weather fan and try understanding 16-0 is a hard feat to accomplish. 

You strike me as the type of guy that goes out to eat at the same restaurant and can experience good service every time you go and yet don't leave good reviews for them. However, one bad experience and you're on yelp screaming about how awful they are and telling everyone to avoid the place. 

Breaking news, it's okay to talk about the good and not just bi**h about the bad.

• Like 1

I've seen Kenny Stills mentioned a few times as a potential trade target but I don't understand why. He's not that good, a bit of a one trick pony. He is what he is at this point in his career and we would be better off trying out young WRs with higher potential upside. We did have one in camp but only to cut him a few days later and now he's playing well for the Eagles. These are the kind of players we need to continue targeting.

Michael Gallup makes a lot of sense since it seems he's featuring less and less in McCarthy's plans.

We could look at N'Keal Harry if Belchick finally wants to end with this experiment. I think he fits better in our offence imo.

For speed types, John Ross is an interesting option. We can always try again with Curtis Samuel.

Tampa signing Brown might free up a WR for a trade - worth a look see.

Edit: I saw on Cheesehead TV make the suggestion of McLaurin and Chark as trade options but I cannot see how that is realistic. They have good contracts but they're bonafide starters on their teams.

It's highly unlikely anything will happen and technically we do have a shiny new WR to play with in EQ -  Rodgers haven't had him since 2018 season.

Edited by Chili

Won't happen, but how awesome would it be if we got JJ Watt at the deadline?

The Texans are in freefall, we're in Win Now mode, so it's not 100% out of the realm of possibility. This could be the move our D needs, and he'd feel right at home. Literally.

But it's Gute, so it's not gonna happen. 

Edited by KManX89

Just now, KManX89 said:

Won't happen, but how awesome would it be if we got JJ Watt at the deadline?

The Texans are in freefall, we're in Win Now mode, so it's not 100% out of the realm of possibility. This could be the move our D needs, and he'd feel right at home. Literally.

But it's Gute, so it's not gonna happen. 

He's got a cap hit of 15 million and we have 7 million in cap space.

It would take a lot more than Gute going out of character to get Watt on this team. 

For the teams having Week Nine byes (Bengals, Browns, Eagles, Rams), acquiring new players before November 3 won’t matter. Also, for the teams that play on Thursday, November 5 (Packers at 49ers), it will make plenty of sense to get any trades done by Tuesday, October 27, at the very latest.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/25/most-trades-are-likely-to-happen-by-wednesday-or-thursday/