When can we call Sam Darnold a bust?

Slingin' Sammy

If we would just fire Gase already I want to see how he plays without being handcuffed by him.

Its amazing how his best play came as a 21 year old rookie and he has now regressed in every facet of his game since this guy came in here. It’s not like we had a top offensive line and weapons in 2018. Adam Gase is really that bad.

That beat down of the Lions his first career game turned out to be a cruel joke for Jets fans.

I watched him against the Colts - whether he's a bust or not, he won't be succeeding in New York so I would move on from him (and obviously Gase). He made throws with no pressure against the Colts that an NFL QB should never make.

A QB is nothing without a support system. Darnold looked fine and on time as a rookie and has regressed. He is working with nothing. I just hope(as a USC fan) that his confidence isn’t shot and is able to get a chance to succeed whether with the Jets or someone else

12 minutes ago, Geezy said:

A QB is nothing without a support system. Darnold looked fine and on time as a rookie and has regressed. He is working with nothing. I just hope(as a USC fan) that his confidence isn’t shot and is able to get a chance to succeed whether with the Jets or someone else

He needs a coach who can let him play and build that confidence back, provide him with playmaker.

If he was on the chiefs he would be great, no doubt in my mind. Unfortunately he came to the jets who are pathetic. 

2 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

I’m going to say maybe. I get he’s not performing, but the Jets roster is so bad. You have a responsibility to surround a young QB with talent. The Jets are starting 37 year old frank gore, and several we 3s. I feel like Darnold could turn it around like Goff with the right offseason 

I blame USC. Jets FO is just channeling their inner Mark Sanchez years because they don't know any better? Only difference is Gase isn't the Defensive Coordinator too! 🍺

Edited by Nabbs4u