Jump to content

Carson Wentz and the QB Position


Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

I have not watched much of the Eagles this year but is it not at least attributable, in part, to the supporting cast around him? Or is he the problem that keeps the others from thriving? 

I haven't watched the Eagles as closely as others around here but yeah... I mean it's hard to argue that outside the TE position he hasn't had a lot of help. On the other hand, the mistakes Carson has made aren't really WR issues as far as I can tell. He's just missing them completely.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

I have not watched much of the Eagles this year but is it not at least attributable, in part, to the supporting cast around him? Or is he the problem that keeps the others from thriving? 

Yes. The supporting cast is terrible. We should feature Miles Sanders the way the Saints do Kamara and Panthers do CMC. But Doug Pederson calling plays like we got an arsenal at receiver. Has Carson missed some throws? sure but he's far from the issue right now. No quarterback is coming in and producing much more with the current state of things

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Eagles23 said:

Yes. The supporting cast is terrible. We should feature Miles Sanders the way the Saints do Kamara and Panthers do CMC. But Doug Pederson calling plays like we got an arsenal at receiver. Has Carson missed some throws? sure but he's far from the issue right now. No quarterback is coming in and producing much more with the current state of things

This is just.... wrong. Carson has 6 INTs and he should have more. Carson can’t throw the football into the side of a barn most plays. He is wildly inaccurate, he has made tons of terrible decisions, and he has been taking sacks and hits that he really shouldn’t. He has been really, really bad and he is a massive issue atm. 
 

Carson is currently the worst QB in the entire NFL statistically. Yes this team has tons of holes, but saying Carson isn’t the issue is just flat out wrong. If he was playing as well as he did last year(when he had 7 INTs all year, he has 6 right now) we would be 2-1 right now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Aaron Rodgers just whooped on the Saints with Allen Lazard as his best receiver. Our weapons suck, but so does Wentz.

I wish we would just cut JJAW right now. We need to stop pretending he'll ever be anything besides a guy who just runs around and hopefully draws a safety away from Ertz. I don't really care that we suck, but it angers me that Howie won't be going anywhere for years because of the SB win.

Edited by Jeezla
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

This is just.... wrong. Carson has 6 INTs and he should have more. Carson can’t throw the football into the side of a barn most plays. He is wildly inaccurate, he has made tons of terrible decisions, and he has been taking sacks and hits that he really shouldn’t. He has been really, really bad and he is a massive issue atm. 
 

Carson is currently the worst QB in the entire NFL statistically. Yes this team has tons of holes, but saying Carson isn’t the issue is just flat out wrong. If he was playing as well as he did last year(when he had 7 INTs all year, he has 6 right now) we would be 2-1 right now. 

And Id argue we'd be 2-1 with better play calling. There is no reason going into the Bengals game, that the gameplan isnt run the ball down their throats after what the Browns did to them. Mile Sanders had 11 carries into the fourth quarter IIRC averaging 7 YPC

Link to post
Share on other sites

Miles Sanders beats his man by 5-10 yards, Wentz over throws him by 108293487 yards and throws it out of bounds instead on a huge 3rd down play.

 

It's a 10 and Wentz has regressed badly. 

 

Even if he turns it around, he'll just get injured as he does every year around playoffs time anyways. He is injured every year. Way too many issues with him right now.

Edited by BugzBunny101
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...