Should all future relocated teams (not just in NFL) change their names upon moving?

pf9

This season, the Raiders moved from Oakland to Las Vegas.

They kept their name, which I feel is a travesty, I felt the name should have remained solely an element of the team's time in California.

Outside the NHL, most relocations have not involved a name change in the process.

The only non-NHL examples are as follows:

MLB:
St. Louis Browns becoming Baltimore Orioles in 1954
First Washington Senators becoming Minnesota Twins in 1961
Seattle Pilots becoming Milwaukee Brewers in 1970
Second Washington Senators becoming Texas Rangers in 1972
Montreal Expos becoming Washington Nationals in 2005

NBA:
Chicago Zephyrs becoming Baltimore Bullets (now Washington Wizards) in 1963
Buffalo Braves becoming San Diego (now Los Angeles) Clippers in 1978
Seattle SuperSonics becoming Oklahoma City Thunder in 2008

NFL:
The Houston Oilers moved to Nashville (initially playing home games in Memphis) in 1997, but did not change their nickname to the Titans until 1999.

Some teams when relocating keep a nickname that was more appropriate for the city they left. Like the New Orleans Jazz becoming the Utah Jazz, or the Minneapolis Lakers becoming the Los Angeles Lakers. Conversely, Rockets was more appropriate for Houston than it was for San Diego.

So, unless there's a Rockets-like situation, teams relocating from one city to another should change their nicknames.

It's just easier to drop the local name, which in itself is much more random. 

They should just be the Raiders, and since there won't be any other team in the league with the same name, teams shouldn't have the city/state w/e name. 

Edited by kramxel
Typos

Adding to my previous post, the only time I could see a team changing it`s name is if there was some obvious association with the local name. 

For example a team named Las Vegas Gamblers moving to a different town (so no one gets offended by a real example, which there are a few). 

I would prefer teams that relocated teams change their names, but I dont really care either way.

I think Rams really shouldve changed their name for LA, but I knew they wouldnt.

Raiders is more universal, and its a classic NFL team.    Still wouldnt have minded a name change.

Woulda been cool to see the LA Vipers vs Las Vegas Outlaws.  😎

They shouldn't be forced, but the majority of the time, I like it more when they do.   Browns to Ravens would be another example, for the NFL.  Pelicans from Hornets for NBA.  Dallas Texans to KC Chiefs. Those aren't the only non NHL examples.  There are a lot of examples you didn't use.