The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

Just now, childofpudding said:

All this time replying to me, you could have updated your "list" by now. Hop to it already.

"I'm going to post month-old data to make a point but demand that you dig through my post history and provide evidence."

Fine, though. I will back up my claim. Here's the link: https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/30528-the-tom-brady-thread/

Did you mean to link the current page? For one, i didn’t even post on the page you linked. Secondly, I’ve  called him remarkable and extraordinary today, very far from hating. And lastly, but very much most importantly, unless you did link the wrong thing, you said I was a known Brady hater. Our back and forth today wouldn’t qualify for that. So was this what you intended to link, because it only makes your claim worse.

29 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

But the record doesn’t include playoffs. Ryan and stafford are the main threats, and I can’t speak for stafford, but Ryan had said he wants to play when he’s in his 40’s. Ryan can fairly easily average roughly 4500 yards for another few years minimum.

Ryan will be 36.5yo by the time next season starts. In 8 years he'll be close to 45. He'd need to get almost 50% of the yards he accumulated so far in his career in his late 30, early 40s to get ahead of Brees if Drew retired today. Do you believe that? Also, he's probably moving to a contender that alone will limit his passing yardage, just like it did for Brady on most of his career and now for Brees late in his career.

Now, Brady says he'll play at least 2 more seasons, so if Brady can stay healthy (which is not a given at his age) he'll add 6-8k yards on top of Brees record.

Brady would then have 30-32k more yards than Ryan. Seriously dude? Either you didn't know the stats or you really do believe that what Brady is doing in his 40's is really an ordinary thing that anyone can replicate...

Now wont even talk much about Stafford. He'll be 33 and is almost 40k yards behind Brees and last time he threw for 4500 he still had Megatron.  In Brady's 40s alone tom had thousands more passing yards than him in the same period. Plus he's going to a good team (hopefully the Pats) next year and wont wave junk yards no more.

Edited by LaFellSBXLIXMVP

14 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Did you mean to link the current page? For one, i didn’t even post on the page you linked. Secondly, I’ve  called him remarkable and extraordinary today, very far from hating. And lastly, but very much most importantly, unless you did link the wrong thing, you said I was a known Brady hater. Our back and forth today wouldn’t qualify for that. So was this what you intended to link, because it only makes your claim worse.

I linked to this thread, a thread in which you implied or outright said that Brady throwing 40 TDs and being 4th in DVOA at age 43 is somehow not that impressive. No need for evidence beyond that.

But don't let that stop you from posting stats from December 5.

1 minute ago, LaFellSBXLIXMVP said:

Ryan will be 36.5yo by the time next season starts. In 8 years he'll be close to 45. He'd need to get almost 50% of the yards he accumulated so far in his career in his late 30, early 40s to get ahead of Brees if Drew retired today. Do you believe that? Also, he's probably moving to a contender that alone will limit his passing yardage, just like it did for Brady on most of his career and now for Brees late in his career.

Now, Brady says he'll play at least 2 more seasons, so if Brady can stay healthy (which is not a given at his age) he'll add 6-8k yards on top of Brees record.

Brady would then have 30-32k more yards than Ryan. Seriously dude? Either you didn't know the stats or you really do believe that what Brady is doing in his 40's is really and ordinary thing that anyone can replicate...

Now wont even talk much about Stafford. He'll be 33 and is almost 40k yards behind Brees and last time he threw for 4500 he still had Megatron.  In Brady's 40 tom had thousands more passing yards than him. Plus he's going to a good team (hopefully the Pats) next year and wont wave junk yards no more.

Matt Ryan is 25k behind. It’s certainly within the realm of possibility to play another 6. Yes, he can get it if he decides to plays into his 40s, which he says he does. As I said, I don’t if stafford has commented on what he wants to do, but he’s 32 (soon to be 33) and has 45000 yards. Brady’s yardage his age 33 season was 34744. That’s a 10k yard head start.

3 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

I linked to this thread, a thread in which you implied or outright said that Brady throwing 40 TDs and being 4th in DVOA at age 43 is somehow not that impressive. No need for evidence beyond that.

But don't let that stop you from posting stats from December 5.

So that is your default, if someone doesn’t agree with you just call them a known Brady hater. And then you do a really poor job of doubling down on it. Heck of a way to live man.

20 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Matt Ryan is 25k behind. It’s certainly within the realm of possibility to play another 6. Yes, he can get it if he decides to plays into his 40s, which he says he does. As I said, I don’t if stafford has commented on what he wants to do, but he’s 32 (soon to be 33) and has 45000 yards. Brady’s yardage his age 33 season was 34744. That’s a 10k yard head start.

Wow. I was going by the over. You said 7-8 years now do you believe he'll get it in 6 years? He'd need to average 5k yards per year in his late 30's early 40's. Haha. Dude you talk like it's just a matter of them deciding to play and they'll get the record. Stafford have no chance at all, dude.Brady will double what he has today if he remains healthy next couple season. Brees couldn't do it in his 40s and that's the only one that played decent in his early 40s other than Brady. Other's bodies start to break down in their mid 30s.

Now on the "head start" means nothing if he couldn't keep up. (He's averaging 3750y per season since Megatron retired while Brady avg is at 4260y per season). It was another kind of pro-football in Brady's first decade and that's why this generation of QBs will blow all the QB records set by Brady/Brees/Manning.

Edited by LaFellSBXLIXMVP

17 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

So that is your default, if someone doesn’t agree with you just call them a known Brady hater. And then you do a really poor job of doubling down on it. Heck of a way to live man.

You're embarrassing yourself dude. Posting stats from 12/5, practically ignoring Brady's current ranking in DVOA, dismissing 40 passing TDs from a 43 y.o. when Arians has never previously coached a team that had 40 passing TDs in a single season, saying the yardage record will change hands several times in the next several years while calling out others for using hyperbole.

Then you make some weird comment on how I'm living my life? Lol.

Edited by childofpudding

Like I been saying Brady is still a Top 5 QB in the league... media looks at stats too much, last year what he did with no run game, and the worst receiving core in the league is just as impressive as what he's done this year. Yet somehow people thought he was washed last year. 

4 minutes ago, mission27 said:

If he plays 3 more seasons after this one, its basically a lock tbh.  That's asking a lot though given he'd be 46.

He's playing next year. He said as much.

Just gotta Emmitt Smith a third season at this point and he should have it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mission27 said:

If he plays 3 more seasons after this one, its basically a lock tbh.  That's asking a lot though given he'd be 46.

He's certainly playing 2 more barring a freak injury or something. Might even play 3 I wouldn't be shocked tbh. 

1 hour ago, LaFellSBXLIXMVP said:

Wow. I was going by the over. You said 7-8 years now do you believe he'll get it in 6 years? He'd need to average 5k yards per year in his late 30's early 40's. Haha. Dude you talk like it's just a matter of them deciding to play and they'll get the record. Stafford have no chance at all, dude.Brady will double what he has today if he remains healthy next couple season. Brees couldn't do it in his 40s and that's the only one that played decent in his early 40s other than Brady. Other's bodies start to break down in their mid 30s.

Now on the "head start" means nothing if he couldn't keep up. (He's averaging 3750y per season since Megatron retired while Brady avg is at 4260y per season). It was another kind of pro-football in Brady's first decade and that's why this generation of QBs will blow all the QB records set by Brady/Brees/Manning.

Im not going to assume that a 42 year old an will continue to play, but if Ryan did play that long he’d be a pretty good bet to get it, or at least in the neighborhood.

you’re being disingenuous about stafford and I don’t know why, he played 8 games last year l, you’re projecting  that he’ll be injured every year or two? If stafford plays (and starts) into his early 40s he’s very, very likely to get it. So yes, it kinda is just about stafford deciding to play.

and you’re making my point for me. The games changed and that record will be broken a few times coming up relatively soon.

1 hour ago, childofpudding said:

You're embarrassing yourself dude. Posting stats from 12/5, practically ignoring Brady's current ranking in DVOA, dismissing 40 passing TDs from a 43 y.o. when Arians has never previously coached a team that had 40 passing TDs in a single season, saying the yardage record will change hands several times in the next several years while calling out others for using hyperbole.

Then you make some weird comment on how I'm living my life? Lol.

Cool story bro. I don’t know why you’re having such a hard time understanding the list of stats I provided. If I could make it easier to explain I would but I just don’t see how it’s that complicated to where you’re not understanding. Do you not want to understand or you’re genuinely not getting it. Like it’s super simple so i really, really hope it’s the former (that means the first option).

another thing that I wouldn’t think needed clarification, when I posted that there was some hyperbole there, I was referring to my post. I was calling out myself, not others.

lastly, I don’t think it’s weird to think that it’s a little bit unusual to spaz out and throw out baseless accusations just because someone disagrees with you.