Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

If Pace was at bad at drafting players as some claim it be then it should be pretty easy to compare it the rest of league and rank it accordingly. 

It's funny that I have read SEVERAL complaints from the same people on here about how Pace is bad at drafting players but I have NEVER seen one post be backed with unbiased facts in relation to the rest of the league.  I am the ONLY one who has made any attempt to compare his drafts to the rest of the league in any sort of unbiased manner and every time it's gets ignored simply because people do not want to admit they are wrong.

What even more funnier to me is that some people actually believe that every GM has the final say in every draft pick and move made by any organization.  But I won't get into that, yet, because I've just been following along since you all seem to believe that every bad decision is solely on Pace.  I've alluded to it a few times but it gets thrown under the rug because it doesn't seem to fit a certain agenda. 

15 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Michael Thomas-Super Star

Vonn Bell-Good starter

Marcus Williams-Very good starter

Eric McCoy-Elite OLmen

That is exceptional work in the 2nd round.

Still (eagerly) waiting on your 17 GM's who are better at drafting players....

On 1/5/2021 at 11:19 AM, JAF-N72EX said:

You're the one who said he was 18th worst in the league so the onus is on you. 

You're the one who says he is good, based on?

I think Pace is mediocre, which are results bare out.

Edited Tuesday at 11:22 AM by WindyCity

I've posted my "based on" facts Windy for the 3rd time and twice in this thread, even when I wasn't even obligated too do so since it was you who made the claim that 17 other GMs were better.  So now....where is yours?

Or hell....anybody's for that matter.   Windy, abstract, beardown....anyone? 

Edited by JAF-N72EX

13 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Explain why it wouldn't be. 

Because GM picks players and prospects, but he doesn’t pick scheme for them, call plays, coach them or pick which ones start and where and when.   All of which matters a lot.

7 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

No they haven't. I would ask you to explain but I know how that usually goes.  "I said woof in a GDT or read it online".

Yeah because those are definitely 2 reasons I've used in the past as an argument.

Really? Look at the rosters. Tell me why you'd rather have the Bears roster over Arizona's or SF's

9 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Stop it. You're trying too hard here bud. 

I don't think you really understand how this works.  Either that or you are just refusing to admit that Pace is one of the best GMs in the league at drafting players and that you are cleary resorting to grasping at any line you can in order to refute it without realizing that eventually you're going to run out of rope. 

Nobody is being thrown out here.  They are just not being asked to carry an entire field of players and it helps to weed out the Winston's and Mariota's---hence the med avg per player.  Which is why I included it.  If you want averages I have already included those a few pages back and last year. 

FYI, KC is ranked #1 in the first round in Med CarAV  (46.5) and per player average (23.3) and the Rams are a clean #2 which clearly is NOT throwing out Mahomes or Donald.  The top-10 in order of player per med avgerage goes;  KC, LAR, SEA, DAL, CHI, IND, MIA, PHI, NYJ, DET. 

But it's also worth mentioning AGAIN (because it's all there in my inital post) that the lg avg # of players drafted in the 1st round from 2015-2019 is 5--which is why I included it in the first place-- and KC, LAR, SEA each had only drafted 2 players while MIA and NYJ drafted 5 players and DAL, CHI, IND, and PHI had each drafted 4 over this period of time.  So there's a higher chance of failure for those teams with the most darts at the board than those with only 2.  It's essentially saying "you only have 2 darts and so had you BETTER hit a bulleye or it's going to look ugly". And the data/formula accounts for this and it just so happens that  KC and Rams hit a bullseye both times.  

Again, if you don't like it then do your own research and come up with your own way so I can pick it apart. . 

Perhaps I mis-understood your methodology. Are you not taking the median of the average AV for each drafted player across all seasons played?

You need to quit the personal attacks when people are simply questioning your methodology. It's part of a normal discussion.

• Like 1

Everyone ease up. lol

There's a thousand ways to dissect the teams, management etc. I'm well-spoken of how i feel a franchise QB is way more important than a handful of good picks at most other positions or whatever, but don't get too offended that people have different views.

tumblr_mdro6czw4g1rfjo9ao1_400.gif

****Or ignore people you think are dumb. Made general forum and others way more enjoyable for me actually.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

If Pace was at bad at drafting players as some claim it be then it should be pretty easy to compare it the rest of league and rank it accordingly. 

I never claimed Pace was terrible. He simply got us into a bind that it will be difficult to get out of, and he's proved that his ego is too large to approach all the necessary problem solving in any sort of reasonable way. If Pace was a fantastic GM who made a single big mistake, I'd be all for keeping him.

Remember when he said he wanted to draft a quarterback every year? If he even came close to that, the franchise would be in much better shape. 

10 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Because GM picks players and prospects, but he doesn’t pick scheme for them, call plays, coach them or pick which ones start and where and when.   All of which matters a lot.

One of my main arguments was that when presented with pretty compelling evidence that the offensive line was talent deficient, Pace did not pick more players or prospects there. At least not to the degree he should have, based on that evidence. 

How many championship caliber teams have you seen that have a bad offensive line? 

9 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Better

Baltimore

Pittsburgh

Indianapolis

Tennessee

Kansas City 

LA Chargers 

Buffalo 

New Orleans 

Dallas 

Packers 

Tampa

Toss Up

Vikings 

WFT

Jaguars

Carolina

Rams

Miami

I would strongly disagree on the bold teams. Packers live off of Rogers teet, Dallas been mediocre for a while. Chargers nailed the QB pick but still continue to pile up losses. Colts are way to unproven. I would also bring the Vikings to one of the top drafting teams.

The problem with drafting is - you could be great at drafting every position outside of QB and still incur tons of losses and vice versa you can nail the QB and screw everything else up and be in the playoffs year after year.

So my point is, it doesn't matter if Ryan Pace is great at drafting in round 2-7 or finding hidden gems, he messed up the most important decision that would have affected and benefited everything else. 

So FIRE HIM.