Kyle Allen Your New Starter

RSkinGM

9 hours ago, mar29020 said:

theres probably more we dont know. I'd wager dwayne has been super lazy in game prep.

When does the coaching staff take some accountability?

And why doesn't the coaching staff set clear expectations?  If they aren't happy tell him.  Don't just wait until they reach a breaking point.  There are like 4 offensive coaches, one can't talk to him?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

And why doesn't the coaching staff set clear expectations?  If they aren't happy tell him.  Don't just wait until they reach a breaking point.  There are like 4 offensive coaches, one can't talk to him?

the fact you dont think they have is laughable. 

5 hours ago, offbyone said:

Exactly but, maybe they did and it went in one year and out the other. I mean we do know that Rivera was talking to Haskins throughout the offseason about what he expected, Turner & Zampeze have ben working with him. I think if the lockeroom rumor is true that that was the last straw for Rivera but I don’t think it should’ve been. I get him being upset and maybe having a frank talk with him Sunday night or Monday after Rivera had a night to think about it but, I don’t think it was wise to just cut ties. 

On 10/14/2020 at 12:20 AM, offbyone said:

They leaked everything else.  Why wouldn't they leak how hard they tried to mold him and he failed to listen? 

Scott Turner strikes me as someone who would be very close to JP Finlay. JP went to HS with my sisters best friend’s husband in Bethesda, MD he and Turner are around my age, I can see Turner getting on a roll and saying stuff he shouldn’t have to JP.

And of course who’s ever doing the snitching is a coward who won’t put their name in anything. If it’s a player who’s talking, I put my money on Thomas Davis - who obviously shouldn’t  even be on the team if his goal was to an extremely young team and push playoffs - the Chargers fans were right, I was wrong, TDavis can’t play anymore and gramps wants to go out a winner. He’d be the only player who’d backstab Haskins IMO, judging from their talk during training camp.

Edited by turtle28

22 hours ago, offbyone said:

They leaked everything else.  Why wouldn't they leak how hard they tried to mold him and he failed to listen? 

Yep. Here we are again with leaks to the press. Just like they did with others.

Washington gains nothing by benching Haskins. Kyle Allen isn't your QB of the future. He probably wont be anything other than a journeyman backup.

Maybe, JUST MAYBE, we should invest a little more in our first round pick.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 12:20 AM, offbyone said:

This is typical of this franchise under Snyder.  Most teams wouldn't trash the guy on his way out and still retain some value, or even just saving face on the way out.  Not here.  No organization in professional sports treats players the way we do.  

• Like 1

Just thinking-in the modern era-Has there EVER been an undrafted Q B to have a successful career? Not sure how to define that . I guess a fairly long term starter . I was wondering about Fitzpatrick but he was a 7th round pick. I can't come up with one but you guys are a fountain of info !

2 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Just thinking-in the modern era-Has there EVER been an undrafted Q B to have a successful career? Not sure how to define that . I guess a fairly long term starter . I was wondering about Fitzpatrick but he was a 7th round pick. I can't come up with one but you guys are a fountain of info !

Romo.

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

I mean that's literally the only one I can think of, so your point stands. 

Hey, I was looking for a sliver, a dram , of hope for K Allen.. Now I have J U S T a liitle ray of light and hope .. Not much mind you ,but it has been done !