TNF: Bucs at Bears

Malfatron

winner  

38 members have voted

1. 1. who wins

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Just about. There was a terrible 5-0 Falcon team that finished 8-8 several years back... but these 4-1 Bears team are also pretty dang underwhelming as well. 

2009 Broncos takes the cake for me.  Started 6-0, finished 8-8 lol

It was crazy too because EVERYONE predicted the Broncos to suck that year.  It was McDaniels' first season and he tore the Broncos up that offseason, trading Cutler was seen as a really terrible move and their draft sucked.  Then they start 6-0 with the defense playing at a historical level (they didn't allow more than 10 points until Week 5), everyone eats crow... then they suck as expected.

It wasn't even like they were just beating bad teams either.  They beat the 13-3 Chargers, 10-6 Patriots, 11-5 Cowboys, and 10-6 Bengals.  Then they fell off hard after their bye week, honestly that season didn't make any sense.  I don't think we've seen a team start that hot against quality teams and still turn out to be a fluke.

• Like 1

Just now, BayRaider said:

Kind of weird the Bears are 4-1 and their ceiling is probably 9-7, seventh seed. That’d be 5-6 from here on out, as their ceiling, lol. 

They are better than they looked tonight.  People need to remember that they are a defensive team and playing a home game with no fans in the stands is a big buzz kill for a team like that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Bucs score 30 a game through 4 weeks.

The Bears hold them to 19 and they kinda suck.

Never stop not having a clue. Its fun to read!

Well, losing Howard, Godwin, Watson, Fournette, McCoy and Miller, plus having Gronk and Evans on one leg each probably helped with that.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Kind of weird the Bears are 4-1 and their ceiling is probably 9-7, seventh seed. That’d be 5-6 from here on out, as their ceiling, lol. 

Panthers, Lions, Vikings, Vikings, Jags, Texans, Titans

Reality called and said 11 or 12 is their ceiling.

I'd give the Rams and Packers a big advantage in those 3 games and I'd lean Saints but they are not a great team at all.

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

Panthers, Lions, Vikings, Vikings, Jags, Texans, Titans

Reality called and said 11 or 12 is their ceiling.

I'd give the Rams and Packers a big advantage in those 3 games and I'd lean Saints but they are not a great team at all.

Yeah I see them losing to Minnesota once, Detroit, Houston, Packers once, Rams, and Saints. That’s still 9-7. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Who's deciding this ceiling?  I think 9-7 is the floor and the ceiling being 11-5 and I said it before the season started. 

We have talent on offense (losing Cohen sucks but Mooney is coming into his own) and this defense is good enough to keep us in any game.