Texans Head Coach Search

amazingandre

11 hours ago, LORK88 said:

Apparently Jim Harbaugh is eying a return to the NFL. What does everyone think? Is this too similar to BOB personality-wise or would you want to give him a look based on his success with the 49ers? 

I'm sort of thinking his message has grown stale. I think if we were in a true rebuild - where every piece is in need of replacement - I'd consider him for the role. But, I don't think we're in that sort of spot.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LORK88 said:

Apparently Jim Harbaugh is eying a return to the NFL. What does everyone think? Is this too similar to BOB personality-wise or would you want to give him a look based on his success with the 49ers? 

While I like Harbaugh, I think he is too similar to BOB. An iron fist who wants total control of the franchise. I think our current guys are in a frail state and we need a breath of fresh air. A more laid back coach friendly guy who will focus on the little details

• Like 2

Bieniemy would be a great head coach because he knows how to inspire his men and he's seen first hand how to create a winning culture on the Chiefs.

How you call plays matters when you're an OC or DC but not as much when you're an HC, this is why Vrabel is doing so well.

I have confidence Bieniemy would hire a good OC and DC to lead this team to greener pastures, I think he'd fix our o-line coaching issue (please.) and finally put some confidence into our players.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 12:15 PM, Pastor Dillon said:

How do y’all feel about Patricia as a potential D Cord?

You don't want him unless you're gonna hire Bill Belichik from us to spoon feed him everything, dude literally stole all our defensive players each year and couldn't do jack with them when they were ballin out here in New England. Plus he'll act like he's Belichik more than Belichik himself, still remember this guy having the nerve to tell a reporter to sit up and treat him with respect when asking his highness a question. 🤣 Oh and he also said that thing in front of the whole team to Darius Slay which I can't repeat here but if you know you know. 

That dude should never find a job in the NFL again.

• Like 3

the search committee is R.C. Buford, CEO of the San Antonio Spurs; Tony Dungy, Pro Football Hall of Fame member; Jimmy Johnson, Pro Football Hall of Fame member; Rod Graves, Executive Director of the Fritz Pollard Alliance and long-time NFL executive, and Andre Johnson

I will respect whoever they decide, as long as Cal doesn't go rogue and ignore them

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, amazingandre said:

the search committee is R.C. Buford, CEO of the San Antonio Spurs; Tony Dungy, Pro Football Hall of Fame member; Jimmy Johnson, Pro Football Hall of Fame member; Rod Graves, Executive Director of the Fritz Pollard Alliance and long-time NFL executive, and Andre Johnson

I will respect whoever they decide, as long as Cal doesn't go rogue and ignore them

That is an impressive list 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, amazingandre said:

Love the list on the committee, Especially seeing R.C. Buford and Andre Johnson on the list. 

• Like 1

On 12/8/2020 at 9:42 AM, amazingandre said:

Tony Dungy just denied that he is on a committee. We are officially a poverty franchise.

18 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Here is the tweet

So, here's the full story of what Dungy said... Which isn't different than what we know:

"Here's what happened: Cal McNair called several people and said, 'Would you talk to me about how to select a general manager and a head coach?' and I said, 'Sure I would love to.'"

"Well, all the sudden, that becomes,' You're on a committee to select the next general manager.''

Dungy said he has had "50 million texts" from people who want the jobs in Houston. 

"I am not picking a person,'' Dungy clarified. "All I am doing is giving Mr. McNair a formula."

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

"Here's what happened: Cal McNair called several people and said, 'Would you talk to me about how to select a general manager and a head coach?' and I said, 'Sure I would love to.'"

"Well, all the sudden, that becomes,' You're on a committee to select the next general manager.''

Dungy said he has had "50 million texts" from people who want the jobs in Houston. 

"I am not picking a person,'' Dungy clarified. "All I am doing is giving Mr. McNair a formula."

I mean - we knew that Cal/Janice are making the decision. We also knew that Korn Ferry is the group actually finding candidates. Dungy and the Power 5 were providing insight - a formula, if you will. They aren't really picking anyone, they're telling McNair what to look for and how to judge everyone KF brings in.

This is a non-story, IMO.

I've crapped on Cal pretty hard, but being serious: this is a moment for him. This is his first real chance to show he's grown as an owner and is serious about bringing a winning culture to the Texans, who have been much more concerned with making money than winning throughout their existence.

O'Brien did a lot of damage, letting his ego run wild and taking on way more than he's qualified for. Easterby multiplied that damage by sowing mistrust and purposely stifling communication within the organization. O'Brien is gone, Easterby absolutely must go. If he stays, Cal isn't serious. Cal needs to get new faces with a realistic plan for our franchise's current situation (star QB, reasonable talent, bad cap and draft capital), how we manage the difficulties and gain momentum while also rebuilding the culture and trust within the team and FO.

Not an easy job, and frankly I'm very skeptical that Cal can let go of his pet backstabbing preacher and make decisions that set us up for success, but a guy can hope.

• Like 1