Week 7 General Discussion

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Rivera isn't doing that.  He's competing for the division.  We all thought it was a rebuild and re-evaluation until two weeks ago when Haskins was benched.  

Kyle was his guy he brought from Carolina.

While true division is in reach...I think Rivera is going for the long haul.

Edited by Zalixar

2 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Panthers are a lot better than everyone thought. Fair play to them.

Oh rly?  Cause when we lost to them, we lost to a sucky team (which I'm sure that narrative will get glossed over.)

I thought they were pretty good in general, not great, but still a fighting team.

Will see I guess.

Edited by Zalixar

5 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

In this case, would it not fall on the Offense who simply stopped executing? I really don't think the Titans did anything extra in the second half defensively. I think the offense just stopped executing. That's on the players. And, as I said, he had the team in position for that to not even be an issue until a ticky tack OPI call that I would've run too given the Titans did the exact same thing to earn a new set of downs. Tomlin has clear flaws, but I don't blame him for the Titans coming back today the way I do the Eagles coming back.

It happens so often and in different ways.

Yes, today the offense fluttered.   Sometimes our defense lets us down.   Sometimes its general poor decisions.

The fact that it happens so often....EVERY year...falls at least partially on Tomlin.

4 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

It was on Ben today. He cost us a bunch of points with bad interceptions.

His first interception was essentially a hail mary. His second interception was a batted ball which teams SHOULD be doing given our offense is predicated on quick hitters. The final one was just a bad decision.

1 minute ago, Zalixar said:

Kyle was his guy he brought from Carolina.

While true division is in reach...I think Rivera is going for the long haul.

Yeah, but to bench Haskins after only four games- including one of the better ones he had- is not a good look.  Then, you add to it by saying you are doing this to compete and want to get the division, and then trash the guy on his way out the door.  

If they truly wanted to compete, we wouldn't have gone into the year with one of the worst groups of offensive playmakers in the NFL.  We wouldn't have gone into it with an atrocious left side of the offensive line.  We wouldn't have gone into it with the worst group of LBers out there, and a truly underachieving group of safeties.  And then dump it all on a second year QB who is in his third offensive system and coaching staffs in as many years.