Week Seven Post Game: Packers Ride Adams to W Over Texans

mikebpackfan

Good: 

-D Adams is a pretty good receiver. 
-defense had lots of nice plays, solid against the run.

-OLine without Bak wasnt a liability. 
-Kamal

-Henry Black with the FF

-Jamal is a great try hard guy

Bad:

-4th Q offense

-STs: blocked punt, missed onside recovery

-JJ Watt continues to not be a Packer

-Ty Summers 

Very, very bad:

-Vilma as color guy. Yuck. 

We said just survive this game and we did. The D was surprisingly stout most of the game. Feel pretty good about this. 

Sullivan had a couple of poor blitzes. But I don't believe that I have seen him get beat in coverage all season.  

Montravious Adams has been active in the last two games.  He is maybe not the complete liability that I thought he was.  

Vernon Scott is going to be very good in that third safety role, and if he continues to play like today, it will be this year.

I don't really have any complaints about the defense today.  They held the Texans to under their season average for points, and held them to a FG attempt after a blocked punt deep in our own territory.  The Packers can, do, and will continue to win games with defense like today.

I really want MVS to be good.  And I always defend him.  He had a 3rd down drop today that is inexcusable.  That is a catch that needs to be made by an NFL WR.  

Nit-picking, I would like Rodgers to spread the ball around a little more, but Adams was destroying them, so it is not a huge issue.

I am a fan of Jamaal Williams.  It is very nice having 2 starting caliber RBs.

AJ Dillon was not very effective today.  I don't think he is the issue, probably just the situations he was given.  I did think he ran his routes effectively when he had the chance, though he wasn't targeted.  

Worst part of the game for me was my antenna deciding that it didn't want to be tuned to the Fox station 2 or 3 times so I had to adjust it.  This was a pretty satisfying game all the way around.

6 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Billy Turner and Rick Wagner seemed to be solid at tackle.  I'm sure the Packers did a lot to lessen the burden for Turner, but he apparently held up really well.  

Yeah they held up well, with Hunter our for the year and Ngak gone in Minny, Bahk can sit next week if he's not 100%, we'll miss Bosa and Ford in SF too, but I'd still like to see him back for that one.

Martin looked like he had a little pop and ability. I hope we don’t see Summers outside of special teams now.

Kind of disappointed in our non Adams wrs again. We really don’t have any type of counter punch on O right now. Against good run Ds, we’re going to struggle 

D played fine. The pass rush still isn’t getting home at any rate comparable to last year. Gary looks like a jag. 

Nice to see the defense perform against a competent offense.

I have come to accept that MVS is an OK WR3, but seems less likely by the week to ever be more than that.  I have no idea what to make of ESB at this point other than MLF doesn't seem to be in any hurry to get him involved.  This team will need Lazard back at 100% for the playoffs.

• Like 1