Week 10 General Discussion

ET80

1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

There is no conversation because Patrick Mahomes has deservedly run away with the award. But even then, I would have him 4th at best. 

I'd lean Mahomes easily but I'd say among a group of many observers, Kyler would be "in the conversation".

I think the thing that pisses me off about it probably going to Mahomes this year, is that compared to his first couple seasons, he's actually looked off right now. His mechanics don't look as good at all. But he's just sooo goddamn good that he's still putting up numbers, putting him wins, and probably will deserve the MVP. Like it's absurd. Even on an off year he's the best QB.

3 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

that's really irrelevant to anything we're talking about. i've been pimping murray in this thread all day, i'm just saying there are tipped balls/freak interceptions that are unfortunate for QBs to have credited to him, but on that FItz play, I certainly don't think it's that unfortunate that Murray will be credited with the pick

I mean just from a numbers stand point. (or not counted at all in some cases).

If Mahomes had 10 interceptions that were awful throws and directly to the cornerback and Murray had 10 interceptions and every single one of them was perfect but a WR messed up/deflected, they have equal 10.

Would you (or anyone) consider that different at all when evaluating?  Or is it only a numbers game end all be all?

Edited by Zalixar

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The Rams defense proved today that they are legitimately a top unit in the NFL. Staley is absolutely insane in his second half adjustments. He held Seattle to 3 points in the second half, and Wilson didn't throw a TD.

Last time he was held without a TD was against us as well. He has his games that's for sure but he is 7-10 vs the Rams in his career now. Our 2nd half D is just amazing. 

• Like 1

Just now, Zalixar said:

I mean just from a numbers stand point. (or not counted at all in some cases).

If Mahomes had 10 interceptions that were awful throws and directly to the cornerback and Murray had 10 interceptions and every single one of them was perfect but a WR messed up/deflected, they have equal 10.

Would you (or anyone) consider that different at all when evaluating?  Or is it literally only a numbers game?

Obviously they would, but in reality, Murray will have plenty of dropped picks as well. It equals out, imo. Sometimes you throw the pick and sometimes the pick throws you 

2 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Obviously they would, but in reality, Murray will have plenty of dropped picks as well. It equals out, imo. Sometimes you throw the pick and sometimes the pick throws you 

I know.  But I know for a fact at least 4 of those ints were completely ridiculous deflections/drops (not including the fitz one, earlier ones) as well (some were also, very ugly).  I know it's part of the game, but 99% of the people will not even take a millisecond for that.

So in reality, no I don't think it matters the circumstance.

Edited by Zalixar