2021 NFL Head Coaching Candidates

tannenballs

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

In a vacuum, this is giving me good vibes towards Nick Caserio. He's bringing guys in, smart and capable guys to have a discussion about the role. No doubt the Deshaun Watson situation is brought up and - hopefully - Watson is given updates on who these people are and how these discussions are going.

But, outside of that artificial vacuum - I can't help but to feel that Easterby is pulling a string or two to give off the impression that the team is doing their homework, but this is all smokescreen for Jerod Mayo or Josh McDaniels.

As a fan, I shouldn't feel like my team is actively lying to everyone - players, media and fans. But, here we are.

My Spidey Sense is telling me that Leslie Frazier is the fallback option, with Jim Caldwell alongside him as an Assistant HC/OC. I sincerely think the Texans are going to wait until they're done with the Eric Bienemy interview, and decide between Bienemy and the fallback option.

But, I really don't know. Irrational ownership is impossible to predict.

As long as it isn't Brandon Staley.

3 hours ago, scar988 said:

I understand liking Arthur. But Joe Brady isn't just a McVay thing. He's from the Payton tree and is a guy who believes scheming to your players is what needs to be done not the other way around. 

Swoosh joined in like 2005. He's been here forever.

Dude, me too. It is what it is.

I like Brady. But the experience and the staffing concerns are there. Otherwise he would be alongside Daboll in terms of HC preference for the Chargers.

5 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I still prefer Daboll but I wouldn’t mind Saleh at all if we hire him as HC:

Damn, Saleh getting those travel miles in even during COVID.

Went from North NJ to Philly other day and now across to LA.

Edited by RUGmen

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

I like Brady. But the experience and the staffing concerns are there. Otherwise he would be alongside Daboll in terms of HC preference for the Chargers.

That's a valid concern. We've seen the damage not having a good staff is doing in Cincy. But some people had similar concerns about McVay. Now, he did have more NFL experience, but I think being able to hire great assistants comes down as much to respect as it does connections. 

12 minutes ago, brushmyhair said:

Sounds like Detroit could get him

I would hate to lose Staley, but I truly believe he's a Sean McVay/Kyle Shanahan level talent on the defensive side of the ball. It's hard to gauge leadership skills from afar, but the guy is a genius when it comes to X's and O's and in-game adjustments. 

Just now, jrry32 said:

That's a valid concern. We've seen the damage not having a good staff is doing in Cincy. But some people had similar concerns about McVay. Now, he did have more NFL experience, but I think being able to hire great assistants comes down as much to respect as it does connections. 

I believe McVay had more connections due to his grandfather and working under both Grudens and Shanahans. Besides being a hard worker, having family in the NFL probably helped opened doors that were otherwise closed to outsiders. I don’t know too much about Brady’s connection other than Payton though.

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

In a vacuum, this is giving me good vibes towards Nick Caserio. He's bringing guys in, smart and capable guys to have a discussion about the role. No doubt the Deshaun Watson situation is brought up and - hopefully - Watson is given updates on who these people are and how these discussions are going.

But, outside of that artificial vacuum - I can't help but to feel that Easterby is pulling a string or two to give off the impression that the team is doing their homework, but this is all smokescreen for Jerod Mayo or Josh McDaniels.

As a fan, I shouldn't feel like my team is actively lying to everyone - players, media and fans. But, here we are.

My Spidey Sense is telling me that Leslie Frazier is the fallback option, with Jim Caldwell alongside him as an Assistant HC/OC. I sincerely think the Texans are going to wait until they're done with the Eric Bienemy interview, and decide between Bienemy and the fallback option.

But, I really don't know. Irrational ownership is impossible to predict.

With all due respect, @ET80, this is sorta reminding me of when you were trying to talk everyone into the idea that Bill O'Brien is actually a good GM even if he's not a great coach (unless I'm misremembering)... I get it though, fandom means pretty much always being in the bargaining phase and they always find a way to bring us back in... 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli