Bengals QB Joe Burrow tears ACL, MCL and has other structural issues

RaidersAreOne

32 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Quiet possibly shaves a year or two off the back end of his career. 

I think you got it backwards.  If anything it shaves a year off the front of his career.  The question is how many ligaments are torn; how close to a Teddy Bridgewater situation is this?

Recovery of 9 months is a best case scenario if everything goes perfect.  Sometimes these multiple ligament situations require second surgeries.  If so that knee could easily take 18 months or more before it is really solid.  If the latter occurs, the question is what will the Bengals do in the meantime.  A lot of unknowns here.  

44 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Quiet possibly shaves a year or two off the back end of his career. 

I wouldn't say that. Carson Palmer had a worse injury his 2nd year (ACL/MCL/IT Band/Meniscus/nerve damage, displaced patella) and he played at a high level until he was nearly 40. In fact, his best year came at 36.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I wouldn't say that. Carson Palmer had a worse injury his 2nd year (ACL/MCL/IT Band/Meniscus/nerve damage, displaced patella) and he played at a high level until he was nearly 40. In fact, his best year came at 36.

Didnt realize Carsons knee exploded that badly. 

I hope that Joe makes a full recovery. 

Ever since couch and carr got wrecked by their nursery lines I have hated it when teams dont prepare properly for rookie qbs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:
4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Didnt realize Carsons knee exploded that badly.

There was a legitimate belief that his knee injury was a career threatening injury - Kimo Von Olhoffen swan dived into his knee pretty bad, it was 320lbs right into his knee.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Has there been a few other players to have ACL alone and return only to re-injure?  Considering the additional damage, 9 months would be rushing him back and really risking more.

NaVorro Bowman, San Francisco 49ers Linebacker
NaVorro suffered one of the worst possible types of knee injury when Seahawks receiver Jermaine Kearse was pushed into him, knocking NaVorro to the ground and buckling his knee inwards. Both his ACL and MCL were torn, forcing NaVorro to step out of the spotlight. Thirteen months after his injury, NaVorro has still not stepped foot on the field for a game.

Orlovsky said it best and 2021shouldn't happen, more like 2022.  This is when you sign a Vet for a 1 year prove it deal, always a few of those around

Edited by 3rivers

2 hours ago, Rodjahs12 said:

This is the kind of injury that can create mental complications that aren’t going to be on any prognosis. We seen it with Wentz, even Palmer took some time to get his mind right after his. I wouldn’t rush him back at all. 

This is true, 2009 Brady was seeing ghosts and playing scared after that knee injury.

10 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

maybe trade out of the 1st round and see if the curse goes elsewhere, thats rough.  That might be as bad as missing on non injured RD1 picks, not sure.

Trading out of the 1st is tough when you pick top 5. I could see them trading down for more picks though. This year is pretty deep at OL and they need the help.

18 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Trading out of the 1st is tough when you pick top 5. I could see them trading down for more picks though. This year is pretty deep at OL and they need the help.

good point, get the value later and extra players that should be good.   If the HOF LT is there, then thats the pic though

7 hours ago, Counselor said:

When he was on the cart going away when it all sank in for me and all my emotions became real.

6 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Didn't look like it on the cart.

Looked (and sounded) painful initially though.

He was definitely crying on the field

Edited by Motion