Has the NFL figured out Lamar Jackson

Vladimir L

40 minutes ago, showtime said:

It's kind of like what happened to Cam Newton when he had that one legendary year and won MVP and then never played like that again.

It's been 10 games (more like 8 since he was on fire the first two weeks). He's 23. Chill with the never...again talk. Baltimore isn't even dead THIS year. Wish I had the patience to ignore this until the offseason.

26 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

It always feels so personal with the Lamar haters

Yea, can't imagine how excited everyone would have been if he got injured today. That Burrow vs Lamar thread would definitely be busy if it was he who went down.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

That's a good point, but generally once a QB gets paid the team around him will naturally get worse as it's harder to keep everyone. So once he gets paid, his team will likely be even worse than it is now

the cap is an issue especially one a QB get his deal. It all changes somewhere on the team unless they happen to get steals in the draft to help offset that.  When teams spend big on UFA and QB's, then they must draft well and perhaps get a few high value UFA's or it just won't work.  

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

it's the drop off in OL play. Dominant OL allowed them to just steamroll teams once they had a lead, which let the D pin their ears back.

This.

win the line of scrimmage, and the rest of the game has more flexibility for scheme and usually will win. How many times has it happened over the last 30 years where a top of RD1 draft pick QB might have been good but was always under pressure and failed as a result. Worse is what happened with Luck, too injured and had enough.  OL is crucial, but not everyone believes that it seems as history has shown. 

Not sure the league has figured out Lamar.  Losing Yanda and Stanley really hurts.  Lamar does have issues with accuracy at times.  The Ravens draft well, but their WR core is very average.  No disrespect to Hollywood Brown, but he is not a #1 WR.  Unfortunately, they have Dez Bryant about 5 yrs too late.

27 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Wait so Hollywood Brown is trash now? I remember saying earlier in the season that I wasn’t ever impressed with him and @AFlaccoSeagulls vehemently rejecting that idea. 

Earlier on in the season he looked like he was poised for a breakout. He's completely disappeared and is utterly useless now. Lazy, poor route runner, poor hands, the whole nine yards.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Earlier on in the season he looked like he was poised for a breakout. He's completely disappeared and is utterly useless now. Lazy, poor route runner, poor hands, the whole nine yards.

I didn’t mean for that tag to come off as a call out or anything, just stood out in my memory as every time I’ve watched him play (which isn’t a ton granted) I’ve seemed to catch his lowlights. 

Edited by Rodjahs12

48 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I didn’t mean for that tag to come off as a call out or anything, just stood out in my memory as every time I’ve watched him play (which isn’t a ton granted) I’ve seemed to catch his lowlights. 

Yeah I mean I was as high as him as anyone coming into this year, and week 1 looked like hwas going to actually break out.

Since that point? Nothing. Zilch.

• Like 1

No, his situation has changed.

Some Ravens fans were downplaying their OL last year - it was ridiculous. I remember they shoved the 9-0 NE Pats front 7 3 or 4 yards off the ball nearly every run. They are missing Yanda, Stanley and others who may be missing.

Receiving corps downgraded and taken a step back, they're not showing up. Brown is easy to cover.