MNF: Rams vs Bucs

rocky_rams

3 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Which means he was 25/38 for 210 yards and 2 TDs throwing quick short passes, and that’s including 4 drops. The Bucs game plan was bizarre.

That’s what I’m saying. I don’t understand what Arians was doing. Belichick would’ve never did what Arians did tonight. People can say he doesn’t have the weapons to do so and yes it’s true but Bill knows Brady strength and weakness. Standing in the pocket holding the ball a long time getting pressured is a weakness.

21 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Can't expect a QB to throw the ball 50 times in a game and not have 1 or 2 bad throws. He had no run game to work with. Blocking was great though.

You should try telling that to Rams fans who always bash Goff when he makes mistakes....what do you expect to happen when a QB throws 50+ times, and tonight was no exception... it happens to Brady, it happens to Wilson, and it’s happened to Rodgers and Mahomes... 

Edited by NYRamsFan88
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

They blew out the Packers and Raiders.  That's not nothing.

That's typical games in the NFL.  Packers go as far as Mr Rodgers can take them and the Raiders had that covid issue.   I think if I dug a bit, I could find more impressive teams who missed the playoffs before this expansion.  That's all I'm saying.  

Just now, Pats#1 said:

You'd think Tom Brady is the only quarterback affected by consistent pressure if you watched ESPN lol

People act as if getting pressure on Brady is some type of blueprint.

The ability to rush 4 and get to any pocket QB will disrupt them even those that are mobile. Now, if you can rush 4 and get pressure up the middle and hinder his ability to step up, then yes.

1 minute ago, checkcola said:

That's typical games in the NFL.  Packers go as far as Mr Rodgers can take them and the Raiders had that covid issue.   I think if I dug a bit, I could find more impressive teams who missed the playoffs before this expansion.  That's all I'm saying.  

All I'm saying is, Bucs have beaten some good teams.  Packers and Raiders are good wins.

1 minute ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

You should try telling that to Rams fans who always bash Goff when he makes mistakes....what do you expect to happen when a QB throws 50+ times, and tonight was exception... it happens to Brady, it happens to Wilson, and it’s happened to Rodgers and Mahomes... 

Your preaching to the choir, brother. Some fans just have stupid unrealistic expectations for QBs. And honestly, I blame alot of that on fantasy football and madden video games. 

I'm a Bears fans. I know what "bad" QB play looks like. Hell, all Bears fans are experts at this point. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

All I'm saying is, Bucs have beaten some good teams.  Packers and Raiders are good wins.

I agree they were both good wins. My earlier comment about the Raiders win not being that big a deal because the Patriots had beaten the Raiders was just me poking fun at my poor Patriots. 

3 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Your preaching to the choir, brother. Some fans just have stupid unrealistic expectations for QBs. And honestly, I blame alot of that on fantasy football and madden video games. 

I'm a Bears fans. I know what "bad" QB play looks like. Hell, all Bears fans are experts at this point. 

I don't want to be a jerk, but I still remember when some of your peeps in the forum said that Goff isn't any better than Foles or Trubisky. 😉

• Like 3

Just now, jrry32 said:

I don't want to be a jerk, but I still remember when some of your peeps in the forum said that Goff isn't any better than Foles or Trubisky. 😉

Touche'. And so do I. And I remember spending more time than I should have needed too explaining to those people how ridiculous it was. 

So let me rephrase; All bears fans SHOULD be experts at this point. lol.

• Like 1

I was saying this to other Rams fans here a while back about HCs putting their QBs in a position to succeed... McVay has tendencies to put Goff in not so good situations, but he did a good job tonight, Arians on the other hand didn’t do Brady any favors.. you can have 6 rings or no rings, if you don’t have a coach that puts you in manageable scenarios, you won’t maintain success at all...

• Like 1