From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

1 hour ago, Justin615$ said:

Definitely wouldn't mind a trade back and getting one of those OTs in this scenario. Just hate missing out on a "blue chip"

Agreed. Blue chips are rare, and getting them is great, but the Titans do have a ton of holes and not a ton of picks. I do think we get a lot closer, a lot faster, to being rebuilt by getting more picks.

But it might be nicer in the long run to have a perennial All Pro somewhere.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Agreed. Blue chips are rare, and getting them is great, but the Titans do have a ton of holes and not a ton of picks. I do think we get a lot closer, a lot faster, to being rebuilt by getting more picks.

But it might be nicer in the long run to have a perennial All Pro somewhere.

If trading back, really gotta trust your scouting. 

A trade back I'd hope to flip one pick into a Conklin, Henry, Byard. Decent player in Austin Johnson.
Then those future picks (Adoree, Jonnu)

It really helped build a solid squad. 
One really great player would have been nice.  But able to flip it and get 2 great players and 2-3 very good players was so good. 

That said, I don't see a trade down as of now. 

5 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Definitely feels like we're comfortable just relying on Bill to develop/produce an offensive line with whats already in the room and later round picks if need be.

Naw I wouldn’t say that the front office just see the same that most people that really watch film see in Alt. He’s good but he’s not elite as you hope for taking a T in the top 5 top 7. Yes we need a LT but we also need game changing playmakers. 

This will be a fascinating draft as we will see what this staff truly feels is more valuable position by position.

I have a feeling that Alt is not going to be the pick for the Titans. I think the Titans will try to trade back and get an OL later. I think Latham is who they really want.

We shall see. Going to be fascinating. Likely one of Alt, Nabers or Odunze should be there at 7. Personally I would take one of those two wide receivers over Alt because the draft is very deep for o line.

14 hours ago, KingTitan said:

The Guy Continued:

Still a lot of buzz Alt gets selected before our pick. 
Teams calling about trade up: Oakland, Denver and Vikings. Depending on which QB is there. 
They truly feel there are OL starters that can be found throughout the draft. 
Talked to a scout that has a strong voice and LOVES Odunze.
Defensive line was stressed as a scouting point. 
They feel confident in the strength of the OL in the draft and ability to significantly improve their OL room. 
Pennix stuff doesn't feel real, but with QB's you never know. 
Intel say the Patriots aren't settled on QB. Truly new era up there. 
Could definitely picture a scenario of 1. Williams 2. Daniels 3.  Alt 4. Maye 5. Harrison Jr. 6. Nabors 
Then would anyone trade up for McCarthy?
Don't want to go lower than 13.

I love that there's some Odunze love in the building! If MHJ doesn't magically fall to us, and Alt is gone I want Odunze no doubt about it. 

Random thing I thought about after watching our draft presser... Cally was talking about evaluating some guys that had better Junior years than Senior years and when you pair that with Ran and Cally pounding the table that there are startable tackles/OLine in the later rounds, I wouldn't be surprised if Brandon Coleman from TCU is a top target for us early on day 3. He played all over the line at guard and tackle. I think his versatility is going to be something we really value.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

I love that there's some Odunze love in the building! If MHJ doesn't magically fall to us, and Alt is gone I want Odunze no doubt about it. 

Random thing I thought about after watching our draft presser... Cally was talking about evaluating some guys that had better Junior years than Senior years and when you pair that with Ran and Cally pounding the table that there are startable tackles/OLine in the later rounds, I wouldn't be surprised if Brandon Coleman from TCU is a top target for us early on day 3. He played all over the line at guard and tackle. I think his versatility is going to be something we really value.

pretty sure we used a 30 visit on coleman, or zeroed in on him at the senior bowl or something. definitely have seen something of that sort

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

I’ve found out since TCMD that he was injured this year, so I think his 22 tape might actually be more indicative of his value. At this point, I will be surprised if he didn’t go on Day 2.

• Like 1

Combining the guy's report that they feel like Alt may be gone before 7 with the report that came out this morning that "multiple executives" believe Harbaugh wants Alt at 5, makes me want Odunze... That and the fact that according to PK, Nabers does legit have character concerns (bad attitude) just makes me want to go with the guy who has a pristine character record and could be just as good, in Odunze.