Lions fire HC Matt Patricia & GM Bob Quinn; Darrell Bevell to be interim HC

chiefs82

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

A team with a playoff caliber roster who is in need of a QB upgrade would absolutly trade a 1st for 5 years of Stafford. San Fran/Denver/Indy should be all over that if they are able to afford that contract. 

I guess.

SF would make most sense out of those three. NO is another option if Brees retires.

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Which job is Bienemey’s?

Houston has Watson but no picks. 
Atlanta has the offense but no defense. 
Detroit has Stafford but average weapons. 

I wish he was the Bengals would have hired him last year and wasn't a choice.

If he has a choice 'I would go to Houston of those three.. Best QB situation 

11 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I dont agree with this decision simply because they caved to media and fan pressure. They didn't want to fire him and Quinn. 

You don't know the Lions very well. Fan and media pressure don't mean a thing to them.

What they caved to was a team getting noticeably worse every week

EnxsiscXcAANz_8?format=jpg&name=large

That is not the picture of fan and media pressure. That is the picture of being embarassed at your team

Edited by Superduperman
  • Like 5

42 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Only a year and a half too late. 

No way. This was the right time.

I give SFH a lot of credit for how she handled the Quinn/Patricia era. Before Stafford's injury in 2019, the team was playing pretty well, nearly beating the Chiefs and getting robbed against the Packers. Firing Patricia before the 2020 season would've been ridiculous.

I also predicted that a Thanksgiving loss would be the end of Patricia (and Quinn). SFH did a great job here.

• Like 1

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

No way. This was the right time.

I give SFH a lot of credit for how she handled the Quinn/Patricia era. Before Stafford's injury in 2019, the team was playing pretty well, nearly beating the Chiefs and getting robbed against the Packers. Firing Patricia before the 2020 season would've been ridiculous.

I also predicted that a Thanksgiving loss would be the end of Patricia (and Quinn). SFH did a great job here.

totally wrong. utterly wrong. other FF posters, please know this guy is the biggest Ford bootlicker left among the dozen or so Lions fans still active on this website.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

Unfortunately, that Lions opening has got to be the least desirable spot this offseason. No young cornerstones, aging QB, and it is Detroit. 

No young cornerstones? Really?

Okudah and Oruwariye are young CBs with high upside, Golladay is a really good, young WR, Swift has crazy upside, Jonah Jackson, Frank Ragnow and Taylor Decker are really good OLinemen, and Hockenson (although not deserving of a top 10 pick) is a really good, young TE.