• Seattle Seahawks
    • New Orelans Saints
    • Miami
    • Tennessee Titans
    • LV Raiders
    • Themselves only
    • Nothing will stop them
    • Another team (specify)

Anybody who can get into a shootout with us has a great chance. Teams keep trying to slow the game down against the Chiefs, doesn’t work, they’re too fast. Speed it up, catch them off guard and out pace them like the Raiders did.

You need a Great/All-Time, Veteran QB. Veteran because Spags is a wily DC who’s got some tricks and wrinkles, need a QB who won’t fall for it. A guy who can avoid the rush from Chris Jones preferred. Great Weapons on offense and speed. Pass Rush with 4 and drop everybody else in coverage, having an elite defense helps tremendously. Double Tyreek and Kelce. Put a spy on Mahomes and maintain those rush lanes. 

So, Seahawks, Packers, Saints all fit that bill. Rams/Buccaneers have the capability too. Raiders, Titans, Steelers, Dolphins have an outside shot. For the Bills and Ravens it depends on which Allen/Jackson shows up. The Browns would have to commit to the run, or Baker needs to ball out circa 2016.

11 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Anybody who can get into a shootout with us has a great chance. Teams keep trying to slow the game down against the Chiefs, doesn’t work, they’re too fast. Speed it up, catch them off guard and out pace them like the Raiders did.

You need a Great/All-Time, Veteran QB. Veteran because Spags is a wily DC who’s got some tricks and wrinkles, need a QB who won’t fall for it. A guy who can avoid the rush from Chris Jones preferred. Great Weapons on offense and speed. Pass Rush with 4 and drop everybody else in coverage, having an elite defense helps tremendously. Double Tyreek and Kelce. Put a spy on Mahomes and maintain those rush lanes. 

So, Seahawks, Packers, Saints all fit that bill. Rams/Buccaneers have the capability too. Raiders, Titans, Steelers, Dolphins have an outside shot. For the Bills and Ravens it depends on which Allen/Jackson shows up. The Browns would have to commit to the run, or Baker needs to ball out circa 2016.

Seahawks and Packers don't fit the bill defensively. You mentioned having an elite defense, but a) I don't think there is an 'elite' defense this year (Closest is Rams) but b) I seriously feel an elite defense still wouldn't be enough because Hill and Kelce and Mahomes will out-elite any defense. 

It all comes down to what you said above that - shoot out, do it quickly, don't stop scoring

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Seahawks and Packers don't fit the bill defensively. You mentioned having an elite defense, but a) I don't think there is an 'elite' defense this year (Closest is Rams) but b) I seriously feel an elite defense still wouldn't be enough because Hill and Kelce and Mahomes will out-elite any defense. 

It all comes down to what you said above that - shoot out, do it quickly, don't stop scoring

Was the 2018 Bears defensive elite? Were on pace to match them in yards and points allowed, best them in sacks, but fall short in turnovers forced by 10 or so.

2 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

If they get an assist from the weather Baltimore, Cleveland, and maybe Tennessee. Ideal weather conditions and I don’t see anyone keeping up with them.

Yea I feel like the running teams have a shot for sure but man they cant get down early much like what happened when Tennessee faced KC. Once they cant run it down their throats it becomes bad

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Eh while it would really help, Raiders don’t have an elite defense and they beat us. You just gotta play it right.

Like you said the talent wins out eventually, no matter who you got. 

On 12/17/2020 at 12:20 PM, ChazStandard said:

Biggest threat to KC? Do they really warrant this kind of reverential talk yet? They've hardly been a juggernaut this year.  They've won something like 7 games by one score or less, and could easily have lost to a decimated Pats team. A few quirks of fate and they're battling for a WC slot rather than the 1 seed. Currently their "biggest threat" is whoever they play next.

KC would have to lose the division to battle for a WC spot, which was always impossible considering the only competition in the West was the Raiders...

Chiefs have just one loss since November 12, 2019, and they’ve won those games by double digits, on average. I can’t find a better team, or one more dangerous in the playoffs. That’s why KC is top dog.

Edited by Nightime

2 hours ago, Nightime said:

KC would have to lose the division to battle for a WC spot, which was always impossible considering the only competition in the West was the Raiders...

Chiefs have just one loss since November 12, 2019, and they’ve won those games by double digits, on average. I can’t find a better team, or one more dangerous in the playoffs. That’s why KC is top dog.

They are top dog and have the most difficult team to match up with their offense.

That said, they haven't won by 2 scores since November 1st and that was against the Jets. They aren't really rolling right now. Winning sure, and that is most important but other teams should be allowed in the conversation right now because KC has looked just good for the last 6 weeks, not great.

5 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

They are top dog and have the most difficult team to match up with their offense.

That said, they haven't won by 2 scores since November 1st and that was against the Jets. They aren't really rolling right now. Winning sure, and that is most important but other teams should be allowed in the conversation right now because KC has looked just good for the last 6 weeks, not great.

Who cares if they’ve only won by one score?

they still won right?

6 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

The Chiefs fan that I quoted.

We aren’t playing our best football, but the problem has mainly been holding onto big leads in the 4th quarter 

As long as they figure out how to hold onto 20 point 4th quarter leads for January, I think they’ll be fine. 

Titans are a dangerous team. Bills look solid, but can they win in the playoffs? Colts are very beatable, but it will be required that we play at an A+ level, otherwise it will come down to the wire. Browns have a good offense but I think their defense is very suspect. Dolphins are a tough team but I don’t see them winning a rematch in Arrowhead. We can handle the Steelers if we tackle well (we may not) their defense is good but hasn’t faced a crazy offense like ours yet