• Seattle Seahawks
    • New Orelans Saints
    • Miami
    • Tennessee Titans
    • LV Raiders
    • Themselves only
    • Nothing will stop them
    • Another team (specify)

It seems like the Chiefs are kinda coasting until the playoffs. Similar to what Duncan lead Spurs used to do in the NBA. Both the Denver and Dolphins games weren’t close to their best effort yet it never felt they were in danger of losing both games. 

If you want to beat them you can’t play scared. Broncos down 3 had a 4th and 3 with 6 minutes near the midfield and punted. They never got the ball back and lost. Out of the AFC I think the Bills with the way their playing lately could give them the best at beating the Chiefs. 

Edited by Blackstar12

I’ll go with the Colts. I think they have the length and athleticism within their front 7 to cause problems and force Mahomes into uncomfortable looks. They also have a versatile backfield that can get yards running it or via screens and passing routes.

I have enough confidence that they can score the requisite 24-27 points that could give them a chance to win the game. It would however require a tremendous defensive performance and I think of all the AFC teams, they’re the team I find most equipped to put up a truly elite defensive showing.

I don’t think any team wins a shootout with the Chiefs, so I think they key would be to keep it from ever getting to that point by hitting Mahomes early and often.

I mean, I think they are the best team in the NFL so in that sense only they can beat themselves. That is to say, if every team in the playoffs was on their A game, I think the Chiefs would come out on top.

That's not to say they can't be beaten. The 2 major things to consider here are A) do you have an offense that either eats the clock OR has firepower to stick with Chiefs and B) interior defense to take advantage of their weak interior OL and make those short 3rd & 4th attempts, and GOAL to go snaps a struggle? We saw the Dolphins, with one of the best secondaries, get 3 INTs yet STILL get worked to the tune of 33 points and 450 yards at home. So at this point I think actually "stopping" that offense is a pipe dream, and them tearing it up last postseason makes me feel confident in saying that, but you can definitely capitalize on their offense's glaring weakness in the middle to at least makes things harder. Of course you also will need a very good game yourself on the offensive end. 

Who fits that bill? I'll have to look more into it, off the top of my head I'm not sure if anybody does because the top offensive teams I can think of (Packers, Titans) I don't think would take advantage of the weak interior OL, while the top defensive teams (Steelers, Ravens) don't have the offense to keep pace with KC. 

Obviously a little biased but I'd say Buffalo even though I still think KC is repeating

Reasons : 

• KC and Mahomes avg. 31 ppg in loses. Need to have an aggressive offense that can put up points
  • Bills secondary : They, and no one, can stop Mahomes but I think they arguably have the best secondary with White, Poyer, and Hyde. It's always been their defensive strength and that's a bonus because the KC offensive strength is passing. Poyer and Hyde do not let up big plays and Matt Milano is SO underrated. He flies all over the field and used to be a safety. I'd say he's right up there with any LB in terms of pass coverage (need that vs Kelce).
  • Special Teams : Bills punter is #1 in average, Bills KR/PR I believe is #1, Tyler Bass has been money after the first couple weeks.
  • Takeaways : lead in 4th Q takeaways
  • 3rd down first down % : one of the tops in the league, keep Mahomes off the field.

I would go with Rams out of any team on the list, but the Cardinals don't seem to care what team they are playing and just play to their level. (Besides a couple of pretty bad teams) They have lost to the Lions, Carolina, Miami, and the Patriots, but have beaten the Bills, Seahawks, and non-injured 49ers.

Edited by UncleAdamz

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

@Malfatron @DannyB @beekay414

I got GB. Keen to get your thoughts on what you think a potential matchup would be like?

I think our offense would but up a valiant effort, but ultimately Mahomes would just be too much. Like one of those games that isn't completely embarrassing and one sided, but also not exactly down the the wire. Maybe our defense makes a nice play or two to give the illusion that we have a chance, but then Mahomes just immediately comes back with a 70 yard bomb to squash that idea.

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

I voted that they can’t be stopped. I just really think we are seeing someone special happen and they’ll repeat this season.

I think there's an important distinction between what's listed in the poll (nothing WILL stop them) and saying they CAN'T be a stopped.

I think they've got some minor flaws that theoretically some teams could take advantage of. But if I really had to put my money on one specific team to do it? Nah, I don't think so.

• Like 1

Just now, Archimedes said:

My concern level about Buffalo is at level 10. I can’t believe the strides Josh Allen has made this year.

I think Buffalo has the overall makeup to do it. They are good just about everywhere. And if Josh Allen has a good Josh Allen day, that could be enough. Or if he at least has a good second half. Still not sure that's where I'd push my money in if it came to it.

• AFC: Buffallo
  • NFC: Rams

I think any meeting with GB turns into a Track  Meet which the Packers won't keep up in. (As in the Packer score 4 TD's to KC's 6). Packers are a great offensive team but the explosive big play potential of KC is unreal.

I think the Titans are interesting, but the defence is just terrible. The Saints are huge question mark until Brees is back. They're one and done with Taysom Hill in the playoff imo.

Rams

First is the defense. The Rams defense can slow down Mahomes. Rams don’t give up anything deep and they have the game wrecker in Donald. Last time Mahomes played the Rams he turned the ball over 5 times. The Rams defense had 2 defensive tds both off Mahomes. This Rams defense is better than the 2018 defense. Brandon Staley come from Denver who played Mahomes twice so he is familiar with him and in general Any Reid offense.

Now the offense, I think the Rams can keep Mahomes on the sideline by running the ball and controlling the clock. Rams are 3rd in the NFL in time of possession. They are the best or amongst the best at scoring tds on opening possessions of the game so that gives them the ability to jump off to fast starts. We know the Chiefs aren’t a fast starting team. You can’t get down to the Rams because we know the Rams are the best 2nd half team in the NFL and they are 34-0 with the lead at halftime. So if the Chiefs trail the Rams are going to them like they have done to everyone and that’s finish strong in the 2nd half to win. 

With all that being said Id love to see the Chiefs v Rams rematch from the 2018 greatest MNF game ever. It would be a great game that I could see the Chiefs getting revenge. I could also see the Rams this time finishing the job by winning the Superbowl and not falling short like they did in the Superbowl losing to the Pats. Plus it would be something Goff going back to Tampa Bay where he had nearly 400yds passing 3tds and 39 completions and winning then having a similar performance but this time raising the trophy and winning Superbowl MVP and outplaying Mahomes AGAIN head to head.

I think that there are a couple of teams that could reasonably do it, even if their chances aren't great. 

A fully healthy Indy would have a solid chance, especially if the Johnathan Taylor who has been showing up the last three weeks is the real deal and not benefiting from soft defenses. 

Buffalo on their best day has the firepower that makes the game interesting and it may just be a battle of being on top when the clock goes to 0, if you know what i mean. 

Weirdly, I think that Cleveland could irritate them. Ultimately, I think that they lack the defense to control the game, however. 

In the NFC, I think it's definitely the Rams that have the best shot.