• Seattle Seahawks
    • New Orelans Saints
    • Miami
    • Tennessee Titans
    • LV Raiders
    • Themselves only
    • Nothing will stop them
    • Another team (specify)

I believe in order to beat the Chiefs, you can't stop scoring points. We already know a 24 point lead in the playoffs isn't enough. We know that TOP against doesn't really matter against this team because they strike so quick. We also know if they lose the turnover battle, it STILL doesn't really matter.

Patriots beat them in the playoffs by always putting up points (as did KC in the second half) but it came down to OT - HAD to score a TD on first drive, and that means KC didn't get the ball.

So therefore, I think the team most likely to beat them is GB. With Rogers and the offense, they are capable of constantly putting up points. GB is breaking records this season. Buffalo would be second. I'm not buying anyone else really. Rams would be third, I think, due to their pass defense - but I don't think they'd be able to match scoring

• Like 2

The best offensive teams are the only ones with a shot. I think Cleveland could give them the most problems in the AFC, but the Browns don’t match up well against hardly anyone else, so I doubt they make it far enough to even see KC.

KC won’t lose again this year. 

Edited by QBIso

If you took the Titans this year with last year's defense, the answer would be them, but their defense doesn't have a prayer against Mahomes and company.

Buffalo is strong enough up the middle and in the secondary to cause them some issues on the intermediate to deep passing game and in stopping the run, but offensively, they aren't a good enough running team to really drain the clock. Maybe Allen and their passing attack is potent enough, and their defense maybe forces a turnover or two/gets some stops, but that's a tough ask.

The Ravens could give them some issues with draining the clock with their running game and their defense, but the Chiefs embarrassed them already this year. 

Cleveland would give up 50+ points.

Is anyone betting on the Ghost of Phillip Rivers and the Colts in that situation?

The Steelers have the defense, but they have no running attack whatsoever and their passing game is gradually deteriorating down the stretch.

I think the Packers give up a TON of points as well, albeit Rodgers vs. Mahomes would be a fun matchup.

The Saints I'll have to come back and see if Brees is healthy, but they're an option.

The Rams may be "that team" with how great that defense and pass rush is, and if they're able to put up some points, then IMO they may be the team that stands the best chance.

10 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Gut instinct, Buffalo. No rhyme or reason.

Well, these may be some reasons...

1. Hail mary away from winning their last 7 in a row

2. Only team in NFL with 20 or more first downs in every single game (even KC don't match this)

3. Allowed fewer than 24 points in 3 straight games

4. Defense leads the NFL in 4th quarter take aways (not even close)

5. Since week 9 they have a +39 point diff, KC has +21

6. Actually score more PPG than KC since week 9

You could argue they're playing the best football in the league

But I still think KC will win when they play....

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I believe in order to beat the Chiefs, you can't stop scoring points. We already know a 24 point lead in the playoffs isn't enough. We know that TOP against doesn't really matter against this team because they strike so quick. We also know if they lose the turnover battle, it STILL doesn't really matter.

Patriots beat them in the playoffs by always putting up points (as did KC in the second half) but it came down to OT - HAD to score a TD on first drive, and that means KC didn't get the ball.

So therefore, I think the team most likely to beat them is GB. With Rogers and the offense, they are capable of constantly putting up points. GB is breaking records this season. Buffalo would be second. I'm not buying anyone else really. Rams would be third, I think, due to their pass defense - but I don't think they'd be able to match scoring

Same way I was going to answer

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

If Cleveland continues to play the way they've been playing I will throw them in the hat.

However, Buffalo is probably the best bet.

Cleveland can definitely stay on the field, but I just think that secondary would get whacked badly. 

• Like 1

I voted Tennessee because I’m a homer. Also because Tennessee’s offense is built to score constantly. But the defense is a concern. We’re about to get both Adoree Jackson and Kristian Fulton back, so that might give them the edge they need to stand against KC.

If money was on the line, it’d have to be the Saints. Good enough D to slow them down, and an offense that can put up points.

49 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Buffalo is strong enough up the middle and in the secondary to cause them some issues on the intermediate to deep passing game and in stopping the run, but offensively, they aren't a good enough running team to really drain the clock. Maybe Allen and their passing attack is potent enough, and their defense maybe forces a turnover or two/gets some stops, but that's a tough ask.

While it’s true they aren’t a very good running team, they lead the league in most 10+ play drives the result in TD. That is certainly one way to beat the Chiefs. The Bills are also currently 6th in the league in time of possession. 

• Like 1