2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

15 hours ago, Turnobili said:

I’m gonna push back on Nassib being solid depth based on his play last year 

Yeah you can do that easily.

Here me out:

Nassib was a solid rotational player before he signed with us.

He got too much money and a badly structured deal from us.

He struggled in PG's scheme like almost every D player on the team.

The staff had a chance to cut him before his guarantees kick in this year, but they kept him around.

Bradley was already on board when they kept him.

I think they view him as a solid depth guy, who could help on the edge and maybe inside a little.

I think we should give him the benefit of doubt in the new scheme.

I would have supported the decision to cut him in Ferbuary/March, because of his contract.

Since we kept him and restructured his deal he is here to say for '21 IMO.

He has 4,9M cap hit for this year and 9,25M cap hit if released or traded. It makes no sense to move him now.

This tells me Bradley & Co thinks he can help as a depth guy in '21 and I still think there is no room for another DE on roster.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rolni said:

Yeah you can do that easily.

Here me out:

Nassib was a solid rotational player before he signed with us.

This tells me Bradley & Co thinks he can help as a depth guy in '21 and I still think there is no room for another DE on roster.

Nassib was a solid rotational piece playing on one of the best defensive lines in the league. We were reportedly trying to trade him throughout the draft and couldn't find a taker.

On 5/12/2021 at 5:32 PM, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:
On 5/12/2021 at 4:06 AM, BayRaider said:

Don’t anger the Carr gods, they probably think he’s worth a 6 year 200M contract extension, not a restructure lol. 

Dude. Gods??? There’s got to be a better adjective for the Carr homers.

I thought Carr was the god and we were the cult that worships him 😁😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I've been pretty hard on nassib. He could definitely be a decent rotational player.

he was signed at over 8mil per year. it's also a near certainty that next year he gets paid 4.6mil to walk. the other option is he gets over 9mil to play and then also counts as 3.45 mil of dead money in 2023 which is a voided year 

Edited by Turnobili

20 hours ago, Turnobili said:

he was signed at over 8mil per year. it's also a near certainty that next year he gets paid 4.6mil to walk. the other option is he gets over 9mil to play and then also counts as 3.45 mil of dead money in 2023 which is a voided year 

Gruden and Mayock have made some questionable moves but Nassib may be the worst one.

21 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I thought Carr was the god and we were the cult that worships him 😁😁

Right, get me some inscense, maybe some weird chant music.....can’t forget the kool-aid. Lmao! Don’t know whether I want to laugh at some peoples takes....or just smh at ol wile e coyote.....cuz he’s a “super genius” ya know.... lmfao!😂🤪

23 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I've been pretty hard on nassib. He could definitely be a decent rotational player.

Nassib was a decent rotational pass rusher in Tampa Bay. But he was also playing on the same D-Line that featured JPP, Barrett, Suh, and Veta.